Views: 6761|Replies: 2

How blue is your APEC? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-7 00:49:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by anastasiasuli at 2014-11-7 01:08

Who doesn't joke about Beijing air these days? Lately, the new jokes  sprang up in the Web. Due to the APEC summit, Beijing sky became normally blue (just as we got used to seeing in our home countries) for several days right during the visit. Netizens grabbed the chance and coined the new phrase "APEC blue".

According to Weixin friends, "APEC blue" is used to describe things which last only for a very short time. For example, "He is not that into you, it's an APEC blue".

Or, vice versa, "Beijing smog" - something that is sticky, that doesn't want to leave. For example, "He is so into you. It's like a Beijing smog on a Dec Saturday".

Friends on the forum, can you share some new jokes related to APEC blue and Bejing air?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-11-9 15:04:51 |Display all floors
I knew the new word APEC Blue recently, it's you give me the new explanation. Maybe when Hebei, Beijing and Tianjin three locations work together closely, a blue sky will be lasting longer as our aspirations, and the APEC Blue would be a real joke by then.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-11-10 19:51:18 |Display all floors
I thought APEC BLUE was one of those naughty movies If it's true then I guess very blue.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.