Author: JFenix

Gender equality will happen - but not until 2095   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-30 05:56:54 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-30 05:16
You can never have gender equality this is a falicity, I have proven this when I gave a feminist e ...

What kind of job?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-30 06:33:56 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-30 05:56
What kind of job?

Bar work and cellar, dining room. Trucks were unloaded by hand, it was the duty bar person's job to compleat alone, females needed a lot of assistance were a male needed minimum assistance if time was a factor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 06:44:44 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-30 06:33
Bar work and cellar, dining room. Trucks were unloaded by hand, it was the duty bar person's job t ...

We will never be equal physically.

Women are smaller than men in most cases and have less muscle mass  (again - in MOST cases).

Also, when a man and woman gets into a physical fight - that can't be considered equal.  Not when you're talking about a size and muscle advantage.  I couldn't outrun my husband to get away - but most men could run and flee from an abusive situation and be able to outrun her.

So yes, physically, we will never be equal.

Maybe what should be defined is - 'what do you mean by "equal"'?

I think males can have a physical advantage and there can still be 'equality'.  But my interpretation has more to do with respect and treatment rather than a side by side comparison of skills.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 06:57:07 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-30 06:33
Bar work and cellar, dining room. Trucks were unloaded by hand, it was the duty bar person's job t ...

But in other realms....the high paying jobs such as engineering or programming - nothing is stopping females from succeeding there.  Well...except maybe universities pre-occupation with math as the only avenue to teach logic.  

I taught myself programming and have been in the tech industry for 15 years.  I don't think when I was going to college I would of went for a computer science degree due to all the math required.  It was just  a turn-off to me.  I took the minimum required - alegbra and statistics for my degree.  And you know what?  I didn't need anything else to be any better of a programmer.  Its mainly language skills and logic.  I deal with data - some of that might be numbers...  

So maybe some of the issue is that we are not understanding the differences   I'm representing a stereotypical case- a female who is better at language arts and social sciences than mathematics.  But I believe me coursework prepared me just as much if not more to be analytic.  I actually do a lot better than many males with a degree when it comes to debugging or database architecture and even software logic.  And I think its because of the whole 'scatter-brain' type of thinking.  Its proven that females will reference many different areas of their brains to solve a math problem whereas a male brain will use just the part of the brain that handles math.  But I find things they miss and can think of all the possible scenarios needed for proper business logic in programming.

We are made to compliment each other.  We have differences, but differences does not mean 'less than'.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 08:20:28 |Display all floors
warren0353 Post time: 2014-10-30 03:12
Ah, someone with common sense, I knew it was out there someplace.

Also I believe there will never be equal respect for both genders as long as prostitution exists.  Sexual objectification is the number one reason we do not have equal respect now.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-30 08:52:28 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-30 05:56
What kind of job?

I'm retired on a military disability pension. I'm the community accountant ned teach math and English to struggling students and migrants at no cost

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 09:01:19 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-30 08:52
I'm retired on a military disability pension. I'm the community accountant ned teach math and Engl ...

That sounds really cool.  Good for you.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.