Author: JFenix

Gender equality will happen - but not until 2095   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-29 10:53:57 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-29 10:47
Generally kids at their tender age have much stonger emotional attachment to their mothers than to ...

I think I'm just a natural anti-authoritarian.  I grew up in the church, but I remember when I had questions - I did not like the answers and I completely stopped going by age 10.  

I'll never forget the day I heard the preacher tell the story of Abraham sacrificing his son.  He's telling the story - I am looking around at my parents, other adults....all seem cool with the whole story.  I'm thinking as a kid - this is some scary shit here.  Was turned off from that day forward.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 11:06:53 |Display all floors
Do you involve into any feminist movements there?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 11:38:00 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-29 11:06
Do you involve into any feminist movements there?

No.  But I came from a long line of strong women.  My mother was a widow and my grandmother as well.  It wasn't feminism but out of need.   My mother always told me that I should always be able to support my family.  You never know what can happen.  I was just expected to be strong.  Not sure if that is really feminism.  Never had the desire to join a group.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 11:43:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-29 11:49
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-29 11:38
No.  But I came from a long line of strong women.  My mother was a widow and my grandmother as wel ...

You have a very gritty attitude to share with  and fight with a mixed bag of us forumites, even alone! I do admire that. You are always yourself!

KIyer is himself too, though you two might not see eye to eye with each other sometimes or most of time.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 21:43:35 |Display all floors
The genders are different and thus there can be no true "gender equality"...what you need is love and respect, not equality per se, because there is no such thing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 00:41:29 |Display all floors
In the gendarme wars, girls already won.

Not sure they are happier than before.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 00:42:52 |Display all floors
Boys should go to boys schools

And girls to girl school.

What you think?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.