Author: english-learner

16 Things in Chinese Society that Foreigners Envy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-23 02:47:09 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2014-10-22 13:44
You will conquer that hospital. It wil be yours. Are you a Westener?

i always use current events as my advantage...i'm a chinito by my messican friends standard  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-23 03:26:58 |Display all floors
This thread is a persons opnion good luck to him

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 06:39:52 |Display all floors
There are definite fallacies here, I have lived and worked for more than a year in six countries now, including China and while I agree with a few of these.
1) I felt equally safe in Thailand, Greece, Bulgaria and in England - so???
2)Only a few foreigners sorry, many will not see this as a plus.
3) Yes definitely.
4) Not really, compared with wages DVD's are cheap in the UK, though dearer in Greece and just as pirated in Thailand.
5) It's yes and no, the last computer I bought here in China I later found cheaper in the UK - and after sales service is not good here.  
1 and 12 are the same - 15  only applies to the US, 6 & 14 aren't a real points - merely waffle, 10 has nothing to do with the culture a mere facet of geography - USA and Australia are large too and Europe is incredibly diverse and quite large as well, and just as easy to travel around.
Don't get me wrong, I love living and working in China - but this report is very poorly researched and written - as a teacher I would fail this as a piece of writing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 06:41:01 |Display all floors
There are definite fallacies here, I have lived and worked for more than a year in six countries now, including China and while I agree with a few of these.
1) I felt equally safe in Thailand, Greece, Bulgaria and in England - so???
2)Only a few foreigners sorry, many will not see this as a plus.
3) Yes definitely.
4) Not really, compared with wages DVD's are cheap in the UK, though dearer in Greece and just as pirated in Thailand.
5) It's yes and no, the last computer I bought here in China I later found cheaper in the UK - and after sales service is not good here.  
1 and 12 are the same - 15  only applies to the US, 6 & 14 aren't a real points - merely waffle, 10 has nothing to do with the culture a mere facet of geography - USA and Australia are large too and Europe is incredibly diverse and quite large as well, and just as easy to travel around.
Don't get me wrong, I love living and working in China - but this report is very poorly researched and written - as a teacher I would fail this as a piece of writing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 08:02:43 |Display all floors
The Party loves to be loved by gweilo while getting their members to hate foreign influence.

They love contradictions too.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 08:06:31 |Display all floors
Like telling a beautiful girl that she is ugly but please come and love me.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 09:39:09 |Display all floors
It is pretty obvious that the starter of the topic has never been outside China.

1) Law and order. China doesn't have either. Not getting shot doesn't mean law and order. China safer than Sweden? Are you kidding me?
2) War on drugs. I get offered drugs every time I go walk the Nanjing Road in Shanghai.
3) Cheap delivery. This one I agree.
4) Pirated movies. Anyone with internet can download movies anywhere. The internet in China is so bad and the connections so slow, that I wouldn't call it an envy for anyone. Most sites are blocked as well.
5) Low prices? China has low prices and high prices. I paid 42 RMB for Sprite in Barbarossa Bar in People's Park. Is that cheap?
6) Almost everyone in China with money wants to leave and move abroad. Why stay in polluted and corrupted country if there is a choice?
7) Malls close at six in other countries? Not true.
8) No guns. Ok, good but I use my guns in Finland for hunting. No hunting in China.
9) Ok this is handy. Chinese people should learn to obey the red light now.
10) Big place? Europe and US are as big to explore and the places of interests are WAY better organized.
11) High speed trains are great. But they do have fast trains in other countries too, like Japan and France. People on the trains should learn manners and stop eating smelly foods, stop shouting and keep the shoes on.
12) Chinese cities are not safer than other cities. Plenty of robberies and crazy people here too.
13) Efficiency? The authorities lied to people during SARS crisis and things got bad because of that.
14) Total BS
15) China doesn't have independent justice system like normal countries. All relates to the party. What a joke.
16) Total BS again. China has some good mobile apps but at the same time China has blocked most western apps to block competition. No Google, no Facebook, no YouTube, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Uber....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.