Author: voice_cd

Questions to ask English experts from Chinese learners (Round 24) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-26 07:45:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 19:01:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-26 21:04
canadian45 Post time: 2014-10-26 07:45
They need to go to their dictionary first, which is considered to be the best teacher of almost eve ...

Thank you for being my proofreader in this thread.

I wish you could always proofread my writing...I know most of time you do a thankless job for other people here, but I am open-minded and appreciate.

I understand you have OCD for the decent language... So do I. Whenever I saw some inappropriate usage of the Chinese language, they were really eye sores for me.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 01:31:20 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 10:19:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-27 10:41
canadian45 Post time: 2014-10-27 01:31
I understand you have OCD for the decent language. So do I.

But OCD is not the issue. Every ESL sit ...

I don't understand and I am not for why CD is trying to steer its major interest to a staid ESL website, which is not its expertise at all. There are numerous excellent ESL websites with professionals including accademic, linguists, journalists, etc. who have a genuine good command of English as you.  

IMO, CD should stick to its original standpoint-a media outlet focusing on politics, news etc. Well, languages can be a cold cut, but never are expected to serve as the main course being pinned perennially.

There are a very very few forumites who deserve the title-"English Experts" on CD in my eyes. The writings of many native speakers' are simply Alphabet Soup.

I knew I don't have honey lips in the view of the Mods of CD...Thereof, I knew it is time for me to say "Zaijian" to you and everyone in this thread...

Have a nice day!

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 12:37:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 22:41:06 |Display all floors
On Turkey at Thankgiving and Xmas ..In USA turkey is pretty essential for Thanksgiving but a wider variety of meat eg Ham is eaten at Xmas. In UK turkey is pretty essential for Xmas,
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 22:46:39 |Display all floors
On Victorian era houses there is a difference between suburban houses and victorian townhouses. The latter have no front garden and are terraced - connected in a row - and usually with a separate basement entrance. They are immortalized in the TV series Upstairs Downstairs, with servants downstairs (basement)
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.