Views: 2481|Replies: 4

how to prepare for traveling in Mosicow at December? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-21 12:17:07 |Display all floors
I need your suggestions.
I will visit to Russian after Christams Day.
Professional mandarin teachers in shanghai - Mandarin Morning info@mandarinmorning.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 04:09:59 |Display all floors
i'm polar skin kinda guy so i like the cold during that time of the year...the russians are not too friendly just make sure you kno off hand some russian language skills just dont assume that they like chinese comrades (in fact they love amerikans) or talk to your local travel agency  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 00:24:36 |Display all floors
Why would anyone in their right mind travel to Russia.It has the most depressing people I have ever met.I guess if you like potatoes and vodka it will be your cup of tea.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-26 16:32:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2014-10-26 09:41

1. basic russian language skill should help, as not too many speaks english
2. if You don't know the russian language - prepare some usefull sentences written down
3. prepare for the low temperatures and heavy snowfall, and when I say LOW or HEAVY - i mean it (visit some meteo website like a weatherunderground.com to find out the details)
4. get the Chinese embassy contact phone number and carry it all the time, NOT in the wallet
5. business card of Your russian speaking friends, hotel, and some other places You intend to visit, with the addresses in russian writing - You may also need to carry it with some "hard currency" (USD) and local currency in amount enough to go back to Your friends/hotel by the taxi from wherever You will go. For the same reason - make photos of the characteristic buildings, to recognise the places You want to go (or go back) to
6. budget options - travel by the metro ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Metro ), buy at Dixy ( http://dixy.ru/en/about )
7. DON'T use expensive electronic devices if You can avoid it - Russia is not as safe place as China, and iSh*t don't give a "face" but trouble, if the wrong person spots it.
8. for the same reason as explained above - DON'T keep all the money in the wallet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 17:23:30 |Display all floors
1) Stay in a good hotel for security
2) Rent a car + driver. The traffic is a nightmare
3) Eat delicious Russian food
4) Visit the Kremlin
5) Meet Russian women. I recommend Boar House pub. Unless you are traveling with your wife ;-)
6) Don't drink too much. People will rob you.
7) Avoid all kinds of scams, for example someone drops money in front of you etc.
8) Keep your valuables safe. Leave your watch home.
9) Use the drivers phone to call if needed
10) Go to opera or ballet

If you haven't been to Moscow before, do some research. When visiting places, always act like you know what you are doing. If you wonder around with a map people will take advantage of you.

Russians are nice, government is rotten and terrible and there are lots of people wanting to steal your money. Just like in China, only Russian style.

Harashoo.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.