Author: 蓓蕾宇

Who to Blame for such Tragedies and How to Avoid them?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-22 21:11:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2014-10-22 21:21

Thoughts go to the young boy who lost his arm, but i also blame the parents 100%. you cant expect zoo wardens to supervise kids all day. i am sure they are busy enough anyway.
There will be signs saying dont feed the animals, but parents still allow their children to feed them. I once saw a father holding his child over the barrier of a crocodile pit in cq zoo......all it takes is for the child to start kicking and his father could have lost his grip on the child..........
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 21:27:48 |Display all floors
The management and the staff of this zoo should be fully aware of the potential risks with these animals and should have taken appropriate precautions. The space between the bars of the cage is far too wide and it should be covered with a heavy duty mesh. Members of the public should be behind a safety rail where they cannot reach the animals and the animals cannot reach them.

Blaming the parents for stupidity and ignorance is short sighted when the management should bear (no pun intended) the full responsibility for creating the circumstances where such an accident can happen.

Do they not have licences and safety inspectors for zoos in China? Well they should have!
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 21:30:20 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-10-20 17:03
Chinese people cannot behave in zoos. There is always someone feeding the animals or throwing trash  ...

then you havent read the news or you read what you like to read...not even open range zoos can keep people do what they wanna do  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 21:44:14 |Display all floors
Responsibles? It depedns of the point of view.

Everybody: why peoples let a children play with a tiger?

Parents: they are responsible of their childrens.

Zoo: how can visitors put their arms into a tuger cage? in zoos, tigers cage are away from the visitor so
it's impossible to happen such things,

Tiger:why crual tiger like so much human meat?

Children: how can someone be so stupid to put his hand in a tiger cage?

CPC: why CPC education brainwashing is focused on hard sciences and technology, and ideology, but why children so ignorant on nature?

C.D patriot dumbs: it"s a zionist plot with evil USA propaganda using Disney brainwashing children and make them believe tiger are  cute friendly animals...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 22:11:07 |Display all floors
people just dont read the sign at the entrance...PLEASE BE SAFE do not stand sit climb or lean on fences IF you fall animals could eat you & that might make dem sick. THANK YOU  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 23:06:54 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-10-21 05:34
The ultimate responsibility falls on the parents. But the best answer is to free all these animals a ...

I agree with you.I think it is too cruel to keep them in the zoo which limit their nature.They are caged and just like goods provided to people to watch.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 00:12:28 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-10-22 21:30
then you havent read the news or you read what you like to read...not even open range zoos can kee ...

I have only visited two Chinese zoos, Beijing and Shanghai. Both pretty bad places and people were more wild than the animals.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.