Author: english-learner

How would US police deal with HK protestors?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-20 20:56:52 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-20 20:55
I feel very upset all of a sudden after reading your words...Please don't misunderstand me. It is  ...

So are you for the police beating up protesters or not?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 21:05:12 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-20 20:55
I feel very upset all of a sudden after reading your words...Please don't misunderstand me. It is  ...

The police are out of control in the US.  Looking at those pictures and other stories that I find is just so disturbing to me.   Its like after 9/11, we lost everything that is good about this country.  

Letting the police have military tanks and point rifles at peaceful protesters....sickening.  And its happened so gradually that people have just kind of accepted it.  Even make excuses for it (like you see on here concerning HK protests).  

Why defend bad things just because you want to support your country?

Makes no sense to me.

If you love your country, than you should want it to do good things.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 21:07:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-20 21:08
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-20 20:56
So are you for the police beating up protesters or not?

I cannot just anwer you with simply yes or no after thinking about it for a while...

Your question is not easy for me....or in other words, I need take some time to discuss the different factors, i.e. spin doctors of media, the behavior of the protestor is legal or not...

I am going to take a cat nap now... Sorry....

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 21:15:11 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-20 21:07
I cannot just anwer you with simply yes or no after thinking about it for a while...

Your questio ...

This is my opinion on the matter...

Everyone should have the right to peacefully protest their government, laws or police without fear of arrest or violence.

That said, your rights end when you step on or impede rights of others.  Looting is not protesting.   Its not ok to block streets or restrict others freedom of movement.   Some of the wall street protesters did cross that line, but all in all, the police reaction to them was bad and uncivilized IMO.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 21:22:11 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-20 21:05
The police are out of control in the US.  Looking at those pictures and other stories that I find  ...

Before I go to bed, may I ask you a question which is relevent to my answer about your question?

If 10 men illegal break into your house, and illegally occupy your home, illegal block your door, and they turn a deaf ear to what you say-peacefully request them to leave, what would you do?

I certainly would not hesitate to take out my gun if I were you... but what would you do for such a case?

Besides that, do you think it is wrong for the police to shoot a criminal if they have warned them?

Protest should proceed in LEGAL way, instead of behaving like the burglars I illustrated above.

Don't forget about spin doctors of media outlets. They take side all the time.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 21:24:49 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-20 21:22
Before I go to bed, may I ask you a question which is relevent to my answer about your question?

That was my point.  I think your rights to protest ends when you step on the rights of others.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-20 23:29:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.