Views: 6314|Replies: 35

Property Purchases In The USA [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-7 10:43:31 |Display all floors
I saw in the news that a Chinese company bought a famous hotel in New York. I do not mind foriegn ownership of something like this but it reminded me what happen back when the Japanese Yen was riding high against the dollar. They took advantage of the bargains and bought up a lot of high priced property only to have to sell it off at a loss later on. I would hate to see history repeat itself.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-10-7 13:48:41 |Display all floors
It is a way for the USA to squirm out of a bit of debt. Sell a property at high price and buy it back later at a lower price - is something they will try a lot of, if they dont want to go the violent way to cancel debt.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 15:34:36 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-10-7 13:48
It is a way for the USA to squirm out of a bit of debt. Sell a property at high price and buy it bac ...

Hilton Worldwide Holdings and US Treasury are not the same thing. When Hilton sells and Anbang Insurance buys has nothing to do with USA or US public debt. Anyone with common sense would know this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 15:41:14 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-10-7 17:34
Hilton Worldwide Holdings and US Treasury are not the same thing. When Hilton sells and Anbang Ins ...
When Hilton sells and Anbang Insurance buys has nothing to do with USA or US public debt. Anyone with common sense would know this.

i was suggesting a solution to the US debt crisis. Anyone with common sense would know that.

And of course, every single recorded legal commercial transaction has something to do with the US treasury and possibly debt. Large transactions such as these always make money for the US treasury buying and selling, coming and going. Anyone with some basic understanding of how financial markets and business laws work can figure that out.
Dont give yourself a headache if you cannot think outside your box.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 15:51:10 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-10-7 15:41
i was suggesting a solution to the US debt crisis. Anyone with common sense would know that.

A ...

Here is a direct quote from you regarding transaction between two non government entities: "
It is a way for the USA to squirm out of a bit of debt. Sell a property at high price and buy it back later at a lower price - is something they will try a lot of, if they dont want to go the violent way to cancel debt"

How is USA squirming out of debt when Hilton sells one of its hotels?

The only thing making any sense in your reply is that if given the chance Hilton might be interested buying back the building if the price is lower as would any other possible buyer too.

Since you obviously don't understand anything about business, I suggest you stop making more fool out of yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 15:56:54 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-10-7 17:51
Here is a direct quote from you regarding transaction between two non government entities: "
It is ...

As I said,  don't sweat your brain.  Relax, if you cannot work it out. Its just basic logic to reduce debt, if applied intelligently. Don't worry , you are not expected to do it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 16:04:14 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-10-7 15:56
As I said,  don't sweat your brain.  Relax, if you cannot work it out. Its just basic logic to red ...

Is that the best what you can do? Let's just say what really happened here: The original poster was worried that Chinese company paid too much for Waldorf Astoria building. It is a valid worry since for example  China Investment Corp has done some bad investments in the past, such as Blackstone.

Your reply was meant to be clever and maybe funny slander against USA but it had nothing to do with the original post or the Waldorf Astoria deal. And now you are trying to escape the shame of writing more which is totally untrue, baseless and shows that you are either dumb, biased US hater, just ignorant dreamer or all three.

Pathetic, checkmate.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.