Author: bfsuleo

Traditional Chinese VS Western-style wedding, which one do you prefer   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-29 01:01:09 |Display all floors
The wife and I did a Chinese civil wedding, we have our little red books. Other than that we had some dinners with friends and family but nothing elaborate. The money we saved we used traveling around China to see things neither of us had ever seen.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-29 08:17:55 |Display all floors
traditional wedding first!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-29 11:25:48 |Display all floors
western weddings will normally cost 10k just for a normal wedding.
money will have to be borrowed in most cases, meaning the happy couple are already in debt..
I like the Chinese weddings when you have to tip the lucky couple. the little red envelope makes a lot of people happy
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-29 13:02:24 |Display all floors
i have attended the wedding for many times too, and apart from celebrating and blessing, the wedding sometimes just means giving the red packet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-29 18:37:45 |Display all floors
I am from Australia and used to western style weddings. Please keep the wonder full, colourful  and culturally different Chinese weddings. Please do not follow everything western . Keep your rich Chinese traditions alive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-4 11:53:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-29 17:22
I take it you are ASIAN. I won't say you are right. I won't say what I think. I think everyone w ...

What I mean is nowdays most of Chinese take western wedding clothes, of course we take red envelopes which called Hongbao. Of course I do love my cuture's tradition and the situation is that we changed our mind and our way to have wedding already.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 19:40:16 |Display all floors
Lol, Chinese people saying western weddings are better. Western people saying Chinese weddings are better.

Chinese women saying white men are better. White men saying Chinese women are better. Everyone is always saying the grass is greener. It's the same thing in the end, man, the same exact thing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.