Author: dusty1

Should Taiwan be given a vote for independence?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-20 08:58:02 |Display all floors
1933, 138653 people from West Australia vote for leaving, account for nearly 70% wanted to be independent, and dumped your own Queen.

How come your Queen annulled it?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-20 08:59:11 |Display all floors
This is an impractical idea. China is becoming a great power. Should Texas have a vote to be independent of the US? The problem will be resolved by giving Taiwan a special status of internal autonomy. More than Hong Kong. A reunited China will be a powerful influence for peace. The solution of the Taiwan problem will end the problems on the Korean Peninsula, the conflicts with Japan and the US. We in the West should accept China as a full senior partner in improving the world.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-20 09:00:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-9-20 09:06
Jamie999 Post time: 2014-9-20 08:57
why do you think China should model itself on America?

It's the people that live there that own  ...

No, I don't think China should model herself on USA.

But isn't you guys who try to impose your own model to Chinese people, promoting nothing but lies to undermine China?

Why did West Australia fail to be independent after they voted for yes?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-20 09:09:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jamie999 at 2014-9-20 09:10
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-9-20 09:00
No, I don't think China should model herself on USA.

But isn't you guys who try to impose your ow ...

I'm not here to compare governments, in my opinion they're all corrupt.

Let's stick to what the people want. I have many Taiwanese friends and they all don't want to be part of China. Do you think they should have a say?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-20 09:12:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-9-20 09:12
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-9-20 09:10
Give Tasmanian Aborigines the vote to decide to remain part of Australia or not. Hang on, they can't ...

In 1933, West Australia has voted for leaving, but London called it was invalide.  We should ask the OP why?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-20 09:13:28 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-9-20 08:58
1933, 138653 people from West Australia vote for leaving, account for nearly 70% wanted to be indepe ...

Western Australia is a state of the Commonwealth of Australia, you need a majority of all states at 75% to change the constitution of Australia . You should do your reasearch before you comment,your looking like a bigger fool than you really are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-20 09:16:25 |Display all floors
Jamie999 Post time: 2014-9-20 09:09
I'm not here to compare governments, in my opinion they're all corrupt.

Let's stick to what the p ...

I knew many Taiwanese friends too, and they said they want yi ge zhongguo. - One China.

You understand any Chinese or any Taiwanese?

The leader of Taiwan Ma, admits one China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.