Views: 2069|Replies: 4

[Cross-culture marriage] Truck driver VS decent lady, do they have love? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-15 12:40:45 |Display all floors
A lady who is 25 years old or aboved unmarried is so called "leftover lady".

My "leftover" friend went to so many blind dates in the past two years. Recently she told me she met a guy throught sort of relatives' line up. She is a freelance lady working on international trade on her own. Or we esteem she has a decent job. She told me that blind date target was a truck driver. She was very diappointed on his carreer and felt insecure.  She doesn't mean look down upon the job of driver. But she doubt they have future. She was well cultivated in university while he was senior high school qualification....Does education background and carreer important in marriage??

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-15 12:55:41 |Display all floors
Of course it would work if they got over the cutural diffrences, you don't have to have an education to have culture, your leftover friend is a leftover arrogant snob.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-15 13:14:55 |Display all floors
I guess if he was an uneducated millionaire truck driver, your friend would already be making plans to get married
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-16 08:17:13 |Display all floors
back home I was a truck driver for 25 years and retired 3 years ago at 45

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-16 08:37:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by skywalk1 at 2014-9-16 08:45

She would only be called "leftover" in China. Outside of China, there is no fuss.

Ideally, love conquers all.

But often, though not always, women want to marry up or at least equal.

If they were destined to be together, she would not feel anything about him being "just" a truck driver. He's just not her destined match, that is all.
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.