Author: kundera

Meeting report (June 13, written by Hudson) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-20 19:25:07 |Display all floors

taking a piss really. just mislead the english learner.

those reports sound really different from ones i used to learn.they are just like a daily diary. I believe that sturcture of the real reports should be like this:

Title Full title for the report.:Should give clear idea about its focus.

Author Names of all those producing the report.

Date Date of publication (or date when it is to be handed in).

Summary Give key points. Can be used at the start so those with little time can grasp the main points or at the end to pull things together. Short. Only contains information which is in the main report.

Abstract/synopsis; Short paragraph at the start of a report saying what is in it. Allows readers to see if it is relevant to them.

Acknowledgments Thanks to people or organisations who have helped.

Terms of reference; remit Specification by those asking for the report of what they want. Indicates the scope (eg "To consider chemical pollution in Yorkshire rivers" - they will not want pollution in the sea or in Devon rivers included).

Foreword Sets the scene (eg why the report is needed, why it is important).

Aims What the report will do (eg "To investigate pollution in Yorkshire rivers" or "To recommend action to deal with pollution in Yorkshire Rivers". These two different aims for the same topic may lead to different contents in the reports).

Objectives More specific than the aims. What will be achieved (eg "To identify the causes of pollution in Yorkshire rivers").

Introduction Outlines what the report is about. May include: background to the report; aims; objectives.

Method How you gathered information; where from; how much.

Findings/results What you found out, with interpretation and analysis.

Conclusions  Draws together the findings; summarises; highlights main points.

Recommendations What you think should happen; what actions should be taken.

References; bibliography References are items referred to in the report. A bibliography can include items not referred to but which the reader may find interesting. See 'Referencing' in this 'Writing Skills' theme.

Appendices Detailed information which is important but which may distract from the flow of the report (eg tables of information; copies of questionnaires).

Index Alphabetical list of topics covered in the report, with page or section numbers for where they can be found in the report.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-21 11:39:12 |Display all floors

CD English club benefits every member!

This meeting report is to keep club members informed of gathering progress. It is a free topic gathering, other than problem-sovling meeting by focusing on specific project, even if topic is given before gathering. The proposed report format sounds ok, but it is not suitable for a free topic gathering.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-21 13:58:08 |Display all floors

yogurt_feng wants to join CD club

My E-mail address: yogurt_feng@yahoo.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-21 15:41:55 |Display all floors

want to join in the club

hi :
     i  am interesting in  CD  english club,and  want to become the member  of the club .so please to contact  wiht me ,and i  wil very
happy if  receive you e-mail .  thank  you !
   e-mail:vincent_huangts@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.