Views: 7936|Replies: 24

Meeting report (June 13, written by Hudson) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-15 13:17:41 |Display all floors
Notwithstanding the fiery Euro 2004 made some of our members, mostly gentlemen, oversleep their morning appointments, the 3rd gathering of CD English Club, 2 weeks old since its inauguration, took place as scheduled on June 13th, Sunday. Excluding our honorable members, 2 foreign teachers—Australian Mrs. Colleen and South African Mr. Steve, altogether 23 participants showed up and 8 of them became newly registered members. The members enjoy diversified occupations, such as marketing manager, hi-tech engineer, sales manager, secretary, businessman, government staff …but we share a dream, taking use of English language as a tool to make friends, sharpen our communication skills, exchange ideas and information, widen and deepen their vision and insight, help each other and help others. There were so many smiles and giggles last Sunday among the members, who didn’t even know each other 15 days ago. Don’t know why!
    Good news, isn’t it, that shortly after the birth of our Club in the capital, CD English Club(Shanghai)was set up in the pearl city last week and hopefully, the guys in Shenzhen can also turn their proposal and plan establishing an English Club of their own into reality. If so, why not a nationwide network or a chain club?
    In order to benefit as many English learners as possible, we are welcoming 24 hours a day anyone interested in or just curious about our CD English Club, in Beijing or in Shanghai or in Shenzhen later on, certainly you’ll never be disappointed because it is a community of hope, action, passion, persistence, honesty, kindness……

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 14:17:38 |Display all floors

hi

hopefully more and more friends will join CD club.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 17:45:06 |Display all floors

English corner atmosphere

Hi Hudson,

I suggest we can make some "interesting activity" to adjust the atmosphere or we will be limited to " what's u name? what do u do?"

Regards,

Kara

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 21:14:32 |Display all floors

Thx, Kara.

Dear Kara, thanks for your exclusive suggestion to me about how to make our Club more attractive and interesting. I cannot agree with you any more that some diversified activities should be held and I am also very impressed with your attention and consideration about our Club.  Without the participation and care of you, and the other pals, our club is undoubtedly short-lived and lackluster. In consideration of the different levels of English involved, we were adjusting our policy  accordingly last Sunday, encouraging members to move from one table to another, pursuing more suitable partners and likable topics, at the same time, arranging some volunteers to monitor the on-goings and help shy buddies in need. It was not as successfully as we expected, though, honestly. However, we will be continuing to try and fulfil in the end.
Personally, I, too, hate the self-introductory interlude, but, at the early stage of our establishment, as a man of creativity and caution, I need to offer time to all of members to get used to the community and its climate. Anyway, I will be repeating your suggestions, along with all of the other volunteers, and all of members of our Club, to value the entity and make it more charming, because it is a community of our own, within which, you will be happy and better, and everybody will be happy and better. Hope you can let us have your comments and suggestions after each gathering. You will be there every Sunday, showing us different fashionable hairstyles, right?
Hey, by the way, do you adopt the name Karawolf? Email me if you have time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-16 12:22:31 |Display all floors

hi kara

nice to meet you here.  i partly agree  with  your comments and suggestions about  our english club.  we virtually need rich and varied activities provided to our members. but firstly, we have to know each other well, and the procedure of self-introduce is in need  at the beginning of any certain occasions. eventually, we can further our conversation, follow our topics set beforehand. normally these circumtances wil have been continuing for some time.  beacause we need time to get to know the new comer for every time, moreover they are willing to know us right?  and then when our club get on the new step, more stronger, the number of our club are more stable. i am sure all of us are expected to organize all kinds of activities to develop our friendship and effectively to run our own communitry. i hope our club will go smoothly continually.  every buddies, just patient ok?

May

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-16 17:25:10 |Display all floors

familiar....

has been familiar with Hudson's fluent speaking and writing english style...BR/huang

Use magic tools Report

ivanhoe has been deleted
Post time 2004-6-16 17:31:11 |Display all floors

New Kid in Town

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.