Author: JFenix

Salafist Muslim Group Forms 'Sharia Police' Patrol in Germany   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-10 19:01:29 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2014-9-10 00:17
Nonetheless, the modern-day Germans are tolerant and not prone to knee-jerk reactions.

So what if ...

Since when has the germans become so tolerant?

When I lived there there was constant complaining about the turkish immigrants.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 19:05:55 |Display all floors
BERLIN – German politicians and media Monday called for a crackdown on radical Islamist propaganda after ultraconservative Salafists took to the streets calling themselves the “Shariah Police.”

Chancellor Angela Merkel hinted that laws could be tightened after a small group of men wearing orange vests with Shariah Police written on them, went on a series of “patrols” in the western city of Wuppertal.

“The state has the monopoly on legitimate force,” she told Sat1 television. “No one else is authorized to replace the police.”

The so-called Shariah Police reportedly told people at a nightclub to refrain from drinking alcohol and listening to music, and arcade customers not to play games for money.

A video circulating online shows patrols being conducted by Sven Lau, a German Salafist convert who claims to be one of those behind the idea.

Under current German law, the Shariah Police could at most face a charge of disturbing public order.

Police said the patrols took place last week and urged people to contact them if they saw suspicious behavior linked to Salafist activity.

No arrests have been made so far, but political leaders warned they would crack down on the Islamist patrol if it took its campaign any further, while the conservative daily Die Welt declared, “No tolerance for Salafists.”

“We will not tolerate illegal parallel justice,” warned Justice Minister Heiko Maas.

“Shariah law is not tolerated on German soil,” Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told Saturday’s Bild newspaper.

Bavaria’s interior minister, Joachim Herrmann, described it as a “direct attack by the Salafists on our rule of law,” in comments published in Monday’s Bild daily.

Stephan Mayer, also from the CSU Bavarian allies of Merkel’s conservatives, called in Sunday’s Tagesspiegel for promoting strict Shariah law to be “penalized.”

Volker Kauder, the parliamentary group leader of Merkel’s conservatives, said that the police alone was responsible for upholding public order.

“Therefore we must examine a ban of these supposed guardians of Islamic virtues,” he told the Welt am Sonntag.

The head of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany has also condemned the action by the Salafists in Wuppertal.

German intelligence last year voiced concern over the growing number of Salafists, who espouse an austere form of Sunni Islam, and said they numbered around 4,500 in the country.

“Salafists and fanatics should no longer be able to hide behind religious freedom, even Islamic groups concerned with the reputation of Muslims see it that way,” said Die Welt.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 19:31:53 |Display all floors
Disgusting

The fiend is disgusting.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 19:33:31 |Display all floors
Bavaria

Bavaria was where a far more dangerous and evil movement began in 1776 - Adam Weishaupt and the Bavarian Illuminati.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-11 00:36:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-10 21:55
Let me as a non-German speak on the Germans' behalf: I consider Germans among the most tolerant  ...

We have hispanic senators, governors, city councils etc.

I'm not buying your vision of extreme tolerance.  It was not my experience living there for three years.

I can tell you that germans are much more liberal in sexual attitudes than the US.  They ridiculed americans for being so uptight.  Can't imagine any of them welcoming a moral police where the values are on the opposite end of their way of thinking.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-11 12:12:13 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2014-9-6 15:21
Birgitta ?

A chick police chief ? Unnatural.I detest the banksters,gender role reversal and the New ...

Rubbish, I bet she is twice the man you are

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-11 21:17:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-10 10:09
Maybe you will find time to polish your rusty English. I didn't understand lines Two and Three o ...

there is nothing wrong with my English seneca
takes more than that

okay, here it goes

local council, that was me once upon a time
state government
federal government

all elected in a compulsory vote

all different responsibilities

3 levels of governance in Australia

read reports regarding this story, the locals are not amused
amazes me how lightly the issue of people claiming to be moral "Police" is viewed here

not a step far away from vigilantism
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.