Author: Judy_Zhu

[US] School reform [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-6 16:30:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-5 16:33
You sound like a very eager person willing to agree with lots of people. Do you also have seen s ...

Thanks! I agree because Klyer's words make sense:)
Kindergarten is a small part of the preschooling system in my opinion. Here (I'm not saying China) kids start their kindergarten from age 4. And it's very important to have them in different nursary centres  and playing groups before this age, saying from age two to four. It's important for their emotional and social development as you said.

As you pointed out, things in China are quite different. And that'y why I posted this topic here for discussion. Something is really need to be reformed. We should encourage creativity rather than turning them into robots. I totally agree with you from this point:)
Live and record.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-6 16:39:54 |Display all floors
Incedius420 Post time: 2014-9-6 00:47
Academically, preschool has no effect on scores after the third grade. In the long term the high sch ...

Thanks! May I know the academical evidence for supporting your conclusion?

A balance between excessive education and shortage of it is essential.
Live and record.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 03:40:16 |Display all floors
Thanks for your reply. Many tips you demonstrated are worthy of thinking over. I also don't like the way the kindergarten you visited 'educate' kids. Really stupid and out of time. And this phenomenon is popular. The big cities like Beijing Shanghai etc. have more advanced conception and ways of educating small kids, to develop their all round skills through a joyful way, while the 2nd or 3rd-tier cities lag behind. Needless to say the remote areas.
You know china has a ling history of 5000 years. The culture and tradition imprint in every person's mind. Scholars have been the most respected people in the society from ancient times. There's a saying goes, nothing is superior to studying. In acient China, a three years old kid can recite a text of several hundreds of Chinese characters. So don't be shocked if a small kid is educated to remember or recite some characters before knowing how to write them. It's an efficient way to learn the complicated characters. Kids normally do like this, talk first, write later,no matter where they are from.
It's certain that school system in china needs a through and profound reform. And I think what you have summarized here will be helpful for us patents.
Thank you!
Live and record.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.