Author: RitaY

Is it appropriate to restore violence scenes through fashion photography? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-9-8 12:05:18 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-9-7 18:30
Some of my work has been in the China daily Calendar and is on the site, go look for it. You'll fin ...

You're one of those who believes someone like Bill Gates worked 1,000,000 times longer or harder than the average person?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-8 12:10:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-9-8 12:05
You're one of those who believes someone like Bill Gates worked 1,000,000 times longer or harder t ...

Actually I can't stand the vast majority of billionaires etc as a it's an obscene amount of wealth. A couple of hundred million I don't have a problem with if you genuinely do things of value to the world, but buying a moribund OS and then essentially rebadging and partly recoding it before flogging it for extortionate prices is not on my list of ethical business practices, nor is swindling the public.  Fair profits I don't have a problem with, but scum like the Walton family I want to see put against the wall and shot.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 12:10:31 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-9-7 19:59
Sorry I do not respond to personal attacks.

Discussion terminated on the grounds that you aren't  ...

If that's your idea of a personal attack then what would you call your statement that I don't know anything about photography? Photography has been my hobby since I was in 5th grade and I have
received compliments on my photos since I was in high school.
Do you think that all your favorite musicians had to go to college to learn how to play?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 12:15:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 12:16:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-8 12:21:36 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-9-8 12:10
If that's your idea of a personal attack then what would you call your statement that I don't know ...

I'd call it a statement of fact.  Just because you can't understand the technical aspect of a shot isn't my problem.  the images are of saleable quality and what the agency demanded in terms of looks, if they weren't they wouldn't have used them.

Read carefully what I wrote, most of what I said backed up your original point, though we digress on the technical competence of the shots.  You were expecting no doubt a more classically shot image, where they used a form of key lighting via backlighting that's not commonly seen in advertising in the west.  It however gives the shots a slightly more realistic edge, despite the contrived model poses.  Elementary stuff for any professional who is competent at their craft.

As for the subject matter, well it sucks and it is not a good route as I noted.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 12:21:59 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2014-9-7 20:15
"Do you think that all your favorite musicians had to go to college to learn how to play?"

Now, n ...

Boy have you got things all screwed up... as usual.
I never went to college a year later (after I turned 18).
I didn't go back to school until I was 25 and that was to DeVry, which is a technical institute.
They only teach you technology and don't bother with the political brainwashing like you were so obviously subjected to.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.