Views: 4953|Replies: 19

Can cities offer us a better life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-3 20:31:35 |Display all floors
    About ten years ago, I think our life is not so complicated. No fast subways, no so many cars, no crowded houses skyscrapers and hundreds of commercial streets. I don't know when it began. We build a suit of block after another.It seems endless, we need to build, so we relocate. New buildings pop up and we move into them to star a new life. Several years later, the buildings are so old that they need to be collapsed. And then..again and again...no ending...
    But it was those old building keeping my precious memory, recording the process of my growth. But now they are all burried in the debris. Even I stand on the ground where I used to live, I can't recognize it at all. The development of city swallow my past a bit and a bit...Can cities offer us a better life? NO... I admit that modern city really facilitate our life, but we get the convience in exchange of huge cost...the emotion, memory
    Look at this news the Lian Huashan football ground of Shenzhen will be replaced by two commercial buildings. Locals come here with a bunch of chrysanthemum to mourn this ground which brought them happiness in the past. People living nearby often come here to play football. In the mind of post-80s and 90s, this football ground has become a part of their memory.
    It is pathetic...Sometimes I don't think development will benefit all, it is a double-edged sword.Hard to chose..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 20:31:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 20:32:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 20:32:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 20:32:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 10:10:57 |Display all floors
It give us a good place for entertainments and good traffic conditions or other public services,but it is not offer us a better life because we have so many desires and the era push us to have a swift pace.Mostly,we are working for houses and cars or we should say we need money,money...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 14:36:40 |Display all floors
yes, i appreciate the economics,the medical condition,the public construction and service. i think it's very useful to us.
besides, i often cherish my childhood

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.