Author: english-learner

What language will be the most popular in the future?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-5 19:29:29 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-9-5 12:53
I read something about pan-English becoming the most popular, sort of something similar to singlish  ...

god i hope not, i dont like how singlish sounds
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-5 19:43:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by skywalk1 at 2014-9-5 19:45
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-9-5 13:02
One other point to make, for those claiming Chinese, I doubt this to be true as there are so many ba ...

"If you want to see what I mean, pick up your phone, type "shi" and see how many characters appear. That's one sound, with over 50 characters. This makes it difficult."

if you need to find a character, you can type the pinyin for words with 2 characters, one of which is the character you want. this significantly minimizes the number of possibilities from you say 50 to just 2 or 3...

chinese writing is not that hard, it's people's attitude that makes it so hard... and chinese grammar is much easier than english grammar. basically the chinese language is not as hard as it is made out to be...i studied german for 3 months and i thought that was much harder than chinese.
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-5 19:56:41 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2014-9-5 07:13
Actually, I don't think Robert was talking about the Language of love in a specific language sense ...

Robert is about as poetic as a brick on the back of the head

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-5 20:00:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-5 07:55
Why not Spanish?Because there are other languages too that are competing in the popularity conte ...

Arabic is not one language, it is an amalgam of several

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-5 20:01:25 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2014-9-5 10:11
Oi mentirosso, vai toma banho!

Actually in those times the language of power was Latin

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-5 20:08:34 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2014-9-5 12:13
the way India's population is exploding , i won't be surprised if Hindi is the most spoken language  ...

The problem is Indai has more than one language and in some places there the common language is English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-5 20:12:48 |Display all floors
skywalk1 Post time: 2014-9-5 19:43
"If you want to see what I mean, pick up your phone, type "shi" and see how many characters appear ...

I beg to disagree, when ma can mean mother, horse, hemp or a question depending on subtle differences than many Westerners can not hear.

You say Chinese grammar is easy, how about all the measure words? Yi wan, yi ping, yi bei, yo zhang etc, a nightmare for most foreigners. As regards to German, the grammer in German is one of the words hardest th fathom.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.