Author: english-learner

What language will be the most popular in the future?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-4 11:11:56 |Display all floors
It is definitely english will remain as world language . Chinese can be spoken most people because of the chinese population . Also I doubt even if world speaks chinese , can chinese people understand foreigners who speak chinese ? I dont think so , I am speaking chinese for almost 5 yrs , after being in china for 13yrs , but very few people can understand my chinese . Even I am trying to speak chinese , I hardly see any people trying to understand me and encourage me . Mainly taxi drivers , if i say a road name in chinese , they will not try to understand what I said , after i show them the way and bring them to the road where I want to get down , I will ask them , so what is this road ? Their reply , oooooooooh  or no you did not said it like chinese or i dont know what you talk .

At the same time , if you take english , many people and many countries across the globe they speak in different accents and the pronunciation will be different , but people try to understand each other accents , which is different when comes to china , you will need to pronounce a word in the same way as they learned , if not you are speaking a different language .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 13:19:38 |Display all floors
Theres alot more to english being the worlds language then just because the USA an England speak english.  

English is one of the easiest languages to learn.  Basic comprehension can be accomplished with as little as 800 words.  But at the same time english is also one of the most descriptive languages.  Often their is five or six words that could be used in any situation.  Allowing a broad range of descriptive abilities.   This Min/Max ability is one of the strongest points of the english language.  

Chinese in its current form will never become a world language.  The biggest factor is its lack of a easy understood written form.  Speaking Chinese an writing Chinese calligraphy are two different fields of study.  While in English they are intimately intertwined.  Chinese calligraphy was intentionally developed to be complex as a tool of oppression.  Poor peasants couldnt afford to have their kids spending all day in school learning a complex system of reading an writing.  While the elites could.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 13:29:16 |Display all floors
Time will tell everything,just waiting the result to be turned out.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-4 13:42:04 |Display all floors
As a universal lanquage English is unlikely to be surpassed, it is the second language for so many and a large percentage of the words business is conducted in English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 16:12:53 |Display all floors
I attend a foreign language school here in China and am amazed at how many students speak English as their second language.  So my vote is for English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 17:15:58 |Display all floors
I reckon a language that could be called, Chindrusslish, a mix of Chinese, Indian, Russian and English will prevail. Thinking 500 to a thousand years from now.
Chinese will loose the characters that are currently used, in favour of speech sounds, letters that represent sounds instead of characters for each word. Like what the Turks did to their language. Got rid of Arabic writing in favour of latin characters because it was easier. No one is going to make things easier by making them harder to learn, life is time, time is money, etc, etc. Scholars will study these things and maintain the knowledge of old. Some will cry about their culture, the newer generations will move on regardless of the oldies whinging. What characters will be used, again any sounds not already represented in the main mix will come forth, such as the ZH, letter in Russian. Some Indian experts might think of some other examples I can not.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 19:07:36 |Display all floors
Chinese language is not easy to learn. our population top the world don't equal to our language top the most universal uesd language

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.