Views: 8345|Replies: 14

How can we improve the mental health of Chinese people? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-13 08:09:02 |Display all floors
It is beyond question that the living standard of Chinese people has been improved obviously compare to the past decades.
But on the other hand,we can also see that a lot of problems have appeared with the developing of economics.
All of us can not forget the crazy acition of Ma-jiajue,a student in university who could murder his classmate in the most brutal way just because of a few trifles.To our most surprise,lots of Chinese people just looked it as a joke that they can kill time by tajking it.
I think it is high time that we ,including the government ,should pay close attention to the mental health of the citizens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-13 09:52:41 |Display all floors

**Love** may be a remedy for this cold and miserable society.

''Love your neighbours as yourself.''----Jesus

We may learn to love our enemies too.

In the past, people judged a person by his morals and conducts.
Now, more and more people just judge a person by how rich he is......

How sad it is. People are getting more and more profit-oriented and getting more and more selfish.......!

I think the Bible offers great advice to maintain a healthy mind and a healthy body.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-13 13:03:12 |Display all floors

Joe, your concern is understood..........

I share your concern for the mental health of the people. As China enters the global community, new laws, new rules and many other new concepts enter into the lives of the people. This is much different from a farming way of life and the relative simple life most people lived before. The new stresses and responsibilities the people will face are very western in nature.
   It would be good to examine the Japanese and how the stresses affected them as they moved into this new kind of international and corporate world. Many of them committed suicide, turned to drugs and fell to many other human weaknesses. Things for them seem to have leveled out a bit but they still face many of the stresses.
   I see great stress on University students and the many frustrations they face with the competition they face to rise to the top of their schools. This is just the beginning for them. Their stresses and frustrations must be addressed now while they are learning and they need to learn to understand the stresses they will face in the future and how to deal with those stresses.
   Many of their parents have gone through tough times in the past and have survived, the new world of stress brings different situations. Not being able to solve an impossible problem is greatly different than the stresses their parents have faced. Superiors taking advantage of the talents of the younger people, being used and abused, destroying people's lives with no regard is a thing of the future for the young of China. It will be tough times of a different nature. Those who have the power to help them should begin now. They need to have the understanding of this new enlightened age and how to deal with it from the wisdom of the elders and those who discover healthy ways to deal with these new kind of stresses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-13 16:04:18 |Display all floors

skilled psychologists

people need someone who cares about them personally, someone that wants to listen, a person they can talk to confidentially, and confide in..  but only a highly trained psychology/ psychiatry professional.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-14 11:12:22 |Display all floors

Maybe, just maybe...

We should give our kids more free time here. Address social issues more with our teen-agers instead of occupying their time with hard study.
There's a lot to be said for study, but they're not even efficient studiers(in my experience), it just amounts to time spent.
It's easy to upset these little emperors and empresses, but not easy to mend them. I love 'my kids', and wish that I could 'lighten up' their daily routines, and simultaneously give them "farm style" chores to do. Oh well...I'll have my own kids someday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 12:56:01 |Display all floors

You gave us a good advice!

The mentai health is the serious problem in modern society.we can not imagine that our country could develop rapidly under such a circumstances.
The education system should be responsible for the degeneration of the mental health of today's youngsters.
Almost all of teachers and parents just pay attention to the score instead of the mental health of students,it results in the degeneration of lots of students immediately.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 23:01:05 |Display all floors

Reply: How can we improve the mental health of Chinese people?

<i>"All of us can not forget the crazy acition of Ma-jiajue,a student in university who could murder his classmate in the most brutal way just because of a few trifles."</i>

Just wanted to note that he didn't murder just because of a "few trifles"... well, he did, but, it was accumulative... he had many personal issues that needed to be resolved, from not owning a decent pair of shoes, to other "classmates" poking fun at him, to teachers and school staff <b>ignoring</b> his obvious bothered mental state... it all got deep under his skin... of course there is no excuse for brutal murder, but what was the root?

It is not people like him that need to improve their mental health.. it is their surroundings... the friends, the teachers, the parents, EVERYONE and ANYONE...  fails to look into a disturbed mind... there is NO guidance, except for expectations beyond ability, there is NO consideration, with way too much ignorance, NO care, no sympathy, the line is never busy, cuz there IS no help line.

There is a strong need for mental care, no doubt... what's more? every aspect of mentality, from creativity to psychology to innovation to dreams, to even artistic ability, are all avoidable, at best, to the common Chinese people... if not petrified or frightened of the unknown... leave it to the "professionals" when it comes to psychiatry... well screw that!

How can we improve the mental health of Chinese people you ask? well, there is no room for improvement, but <b>lots</b> of room for an open mind.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.