Author: btfx

23 Asian gourmet foods that western people don't eat   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-3 22:15:50 |Display all floors
I love chicken feet, it is not that horrible for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 23:21:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by werwolf at 2014-9-3 23:42

When I was a little kid I liked chicken feet, now there's not enough to eat on it to bother with.  Too labor intensive to eat - crabs too - except soft shell crabs!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 00:34:47 |Display all floors
I have tried some of them. Texture is what stops me from eating some things. I like the taste of chicken feet, but cannot deal with the texture.
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 02:35:43 |Display all floors
Some food comes from the sea or subconscious realms. There is more to it than fish and chips.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-5 01:16:10 |Display all floors
Food from the subconscious realms?  I think maybe something was lost in translation there. They should have put sea cucumbers (beche de mere) on the list, something that I like.  Has anyone here ever eaten the fish eye dish?  Fried spiders?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-7 17:08:48 |Display all floors
i did try chiken feet in wuhan but it was so spicy my mouth was on fiire, i suppose if they were less spicy i would have eten the alll of it not just halfl

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-7 18:48:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bearwolf at 2014-9-7 18:49

I do not like durians at all, it smells and tastes like rotting creamy onions. I have never tried any of the others on that list, but I have to say, most look and sound quite disgusting

I think Westerners do eat chicken feet, since nearly all Chinese restaurants in the West serve them. But then again those might just be popular among the ethnic Chinese customers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.