Author: VALARMORGHULIS

The two liitle bad guys was punished by villagers because of stealing ducks   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-31 12:00:58 |Display all floors
looks like an appropriate punishment to me.  if they continue to cause trouble then make the punishment more severe,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-31 12:23:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-8-31 15:32:50 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2014-8-31 12:23
Public punishment works fine in Singapore and shows excellent results. It sets good example to the c ...

If this happened in UK, I recon some do-gooders would have something to say.

It would be plastered on the front of a newspaper about how cruel the adults were

It's better that getting the cane or belt, I had some experience at that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-31 16:10:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-31 16:31:07 |Display all floors
starinsky1 Post time: 2014-8-31 06:55
what would the police have done? id bet it would have been less harmful to their emotional well-be ...

I disagree with you. Not just a family. This family did not teach them.
If just family and police we have result like USA have now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-31 16:32:20 |Display all floors
Hand them over to me, and I'll show them some grandfatherly "love".
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-31 17:54:17 |Display all floors
segood Post time: 2014-8-31 16:31
I disagree with you. Not just a family. This family did not teach them.
If just family and polic ...

i see i'm a minority in this forum. that's fine by me. if you want to humiliate people to teach them a lesson, then go ahead and be my guest.

i find that people have an inner sense of right and wrong, and if you can get that to work, it works much better than putting external control upon them. only with genuine love and intelligent guidance can you get this conscience to work. and the conscience is easiest to strengthen in childhood. otherwise, people only care about avoiding punishment, and their sense of right and wrong is not well-developed; in such cases, when they grow up, as long as they are not caught and punished, they think anything is okay.

i don't praise the western method of child-rearing, when it results in such things as children suing their parents in america. my cousin in australia locks her toddler in his room as punishment, which i think is just as crazy. grounding, no tv, no internet, i don't think such things work, either. you don't need to punish people. every person wants to be good, they all want to do good. in reality no one truly wants to be bad, but sometimes they lose their way. punishment is not necessary.

now i'm not talking about on the country-level, i don't know how to deal with that. but i'm only talking about on a personal level. the kids were stealing ducks, it's not much money. just give the ducks to them this time and tell them not to do it again.

but everyone is free to live life as they choose, within certain limits. if we were all the same, it would be a boring world indeed.
Human nature is good and can be trusted.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.