Author: VALARMORGHULIS

The two liitle bad guys was punished by villagers because of stealing ducks   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-30 09:04:15 |Display all floors
There should be a flogging as well

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-30 09:24:28 |Display all floors
starinsky1 Post time: 2014-8-29 16:14
they are just children. humiliating them is not the answer. humiliating them only teaches them how t ...

Good idea. Teach them that the more they steal, the more love they get.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-30 09:24:53 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2014-8-29 15:56
Maybe the police wouldn't help much, from what I've read about the police in China.

You read a lot of western propaganda.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-30 09:38:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-30 09:24
Good idea. Teach them that the more they steal, the more love they get.

You know that's not what I meant. I meant they should have a heart-to-heart talk with the boys. Don't humiliate them, it's not necessary. I didn't say shower them with gifts for stealing.
Human nature is good and can be trusted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-30 09:43:44 |Display all floors
starinsky1 Post time: 2014-8-29 17:38
You know that's not what I meant. I meant they should have a heart-to-heart talk with the boys. Do ...

I know what you meant. They deserve love for stealing. This enforces more stealing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-30 09:53:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by starinsky1 at 2014-8-30 10:02
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-30 09:43
I know what you meant. They deserve love for stealing. This enforces more stealing.

Punishing people is the easy way out. If it really worked, our world wouldn't be in such a mess. Because I would bet, everyone on Earth has been punished one way or another before?

For children, I don't think such punishment is necessary. Maybe they can work it off. You definitely don't need to humiliate children to teach them. Allow them to suffer natural consequences, yes.

edit. You often speak for China. Oh my God, don't tell me that Chinese people favor such humiliating punishment.
Human nature is good and can be trusted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-30 10:06:18 |Display all floors
starinsky1 Post time: 2014-8-30 09:38
You know that's not what I meant. I meant they should have a heart-to-heart talk with the boys. Do ...

It didn't work. From the Chinese websites I read that these kids are regular trouble makers in their village, killing and stealing stock and other kind of things. Anyhow I agree that maybe they need a little bit more attention from their elders.
I have seen many of these cases in our frequent summer visits to China's poorer areas. Schooling is one of the basics we trty to work with. Teach them to love learning knew skills and half the poroblem is gone!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.