Views: 4087|Replies: 5

I wouldn't put it past him to try to trick us"即使有中文翻译,我也不能很好理解这 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-11 10:36:56 |Display all floors
" As we got out of the taxi, Sonia said, "Our sitting behind made him feel like he was employed by us; on top of that, he couldn't understand what we were saying. So naturally, he wasn't very happy. I wouldn't put it past him to try to trick us. But I'd rather believe he was really was just kidding. Anyway, he wasn't too pleased with both of us sitting in the back."

下车后索妮娅说,“我们坐在后面,他有受雇于人之感,再加上听不懂我们的话,心中自然不痛快,想个招儿讹一下也未尝不可能,不过我还是相信他开玩笑的可能性大。不管怎么说,我俩都坐后面,他是不太高兴的。”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 10:58:55 |Display all floors

有何不明?

自己分析句子结构就行了

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 11:42:05 |Display all floors

I wouldn't put it past him 什么意思?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 05:52:37 |Display all floors

Re: " I wouldn't put it past him 什么意思?"

"I wouldn't put it past him to try to trick us." = " I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to trick us"

e.g.
He is a very lazy person and I wouldn't put it past past him to come up with an excuse to stay away from cleaning the school yard.= He is a very lazy person and I wouldn't BE SURPRISED IF HE TRIES to come up with an excuse to stay away from cleaning the school yard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 07:53:52 |Display all floors

Re

not put it past sb
相信某人会做某事
-------摘自《金山词霸》 (past)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 11:05:09 |Display all floors

thanks for all

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.