Author: Boston101

Does the media intentionally stir up racial hatred?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-28 21:38:14 |Display all floors
not just the media...NEWMAN Government MP Vaughan Johnson has been accused of racial stereotyping after claiming “Asian people” have “no comprehension of road rules”...your latest from down under  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 22:36:15 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2014-8-28 21:01
If officer Darren Wilson is not convicted you will see riots like nothing before. Innocent or guilty ...

Sounds like you are a racist.

This is not us vs. them - well not when it comes to whites and blacks.

Its us vs. them  - citizens vs. the cops.

Have no clue why their are so many white people that blindly support the police.

Must be because they don't have all the negative experiences with police as minorities do.  So they just don't see a problem and refuse to acknowledge it.

Very frustrating.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 22:37:24 |Display all floors
  We know media is a holy platform to spread justice,fairness and warmness.  Essential character of media is to keep independence which can not be influenced by external environment. But now more an more media choose the special topics to report like race problem, civil wars and scandals of entertainment.Actually we can not judge whether it is intentionally or not. In the meantime,media attract public attention successfully. We have to admit white cop kill a innocent black is a wrong thing but I now imagine the scene that if they have not shot but the black take a gun out from his pocket instead of a headphone.I want make assumption that what will you do when you face the same thing..Anyway, we need make right judgement without outside influence rather than add your complain  to the social events. In that case , you were only replacing your own discontent with the attention of the news.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 23:04:58 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-28 22:36
Sounds like you are a racist.

This is not us vs. them - well not when it comes to whites and blac ...

No, I'm not a racist at all. And I never said it was us vs. them.
And yes, I do respect most of our police officers (but not blindly).
If this officer is guilty he should be held at the highest point of the law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 23:32:29 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2014-8-28 23:04
No, I'm not a racist at all. And I never said it was us vs. them.
And yes, I do respect most of ou ...
And yes, I do respect most of our police officers

That is all that needs to be said.  If you believe this, than you haven't been treated in the same way they do minorities.

I do not respect most of our police officers.  I do not respect their policies.  I do not trust them.  I don't think they tell the truth.

I would rather have an encounter with a 'black thug' than a police officer.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 23:36:16 |Display all floors
I don't think this is the media's fault.  They would flock to any kind of unrest and report it.  They are not the 'cause' of the unrest - that is the police and their policies of racial profiling.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 23:55:21 |Display all floors
Even this case....why are white people mad?  They are mad not at the police for excessive force, but they are mad at the lack of media attention.

It wasn't the media who killed Dillon Taylor - it was the cops.  And most of the people who are 'outraged' over this still have respect and sympathy for police officers......fcking hypocrits.

Yeah, be mad at the media....not the police who are free to shoot us down at will and go unpunished.

Its all the 'media' that is to blame.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.