Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 16:51:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-23 18:06:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-23 20:07

in an ideal model world, no one would walk across the border of another country uninvited. we dont live in such a world. We now have to judge actions based on what causes them to act this way, who gets away with what. There needs to be a balance, else it will be the tyranny of one or few. So, when there are more powers who can do the same/similar things, it is better. Having said that, I think the Russians follow a procedure and approach that if the western powers used, I would support them. Key points
- Dont initiate, meddle and provide armed people support to overthrow an elected government
- Dont be hypocritcal and quote principles you dont follow
- Follow peaceful means first to reason and solve problems
- Dont be imperialistic in your foreign policy goals
If all countries, especially the real/self-declared world leaders, followed these principles then one would not have a situation like in Ukraine now!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 20:05:00 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 00:12:01 |Display all floors
jordan_c_fan Post time: 2014-8-23 20:05
Russian true goal is to ease the Ukrainian's craving for food.

The Eastern Ukrainians are being starved by the Kiev junta..... Russia has to do something about it.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 00:38:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-23 21:19
Eggs kuz' me, pal: WHO gave the drivers of these lorries the GREEN light into Ukraine?

Can you  ...

The Russian convoy will enter Ukraine where it is most convenient for it to access the afflicted areas. Following the Kiev prescribed route would have been fraught with danger, the lorries may be ambushed and destroyed. Not to mention the food being stolen to feed the starving Ukrainian army.

The lorries have been checked numerous times by independent journalists and the Red Cross, so there is no suspicion regarding the cargo.

A government killing its own people does not have to agree for humanitarian aid to get through. The Russians are not breaking international law by doing that. It is not a military invasion and R2P may be invoked.

The Lorries are not fully loaded as the Russians did not want to put all their eggs in very few baskets. The loss of one lorry would not jeopardise the whole operation.

The convoy could have entered through Separatist controlled borders, but Russia wanted the load inspected so that there can be no baseless accusations coming from Kiev, and the Western governments.

Putin has more brains than all the Western politicians put together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 00:49:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-23 21:21
You sound as if you were dreaming of the Soviet Penury Economy roaring back to Russia... Do you  ...

The Russians are a hardy lot and will suffer what they must to preserve Mother Russia. Their past record is full of selfless sacrifice for the greater good. So no worries there.

It is not Russia and the BRICS you should worry about, but the bankrupt Western economies which are ripe for revolution. I warned you before that the conditions we face now are not dissimilar to those of the thirties. I only hope that the world will see sense and abandon this perilous course. The US cannot be saved, but other countries can save themselves.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.