Author: moonshooter

What do you think Ice Bucket Challenge over the world?   [Copy link] 中文

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-22 11:23:51 |Display all floors
Anything to raise awareness! And, on days like today (heat index of 41 degrees) I'll gladly take an ice water dowsing.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-22 16:48:13 |Display all floors
OMG so cool

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-23 07:04:42 |Display all floors
redchamber2 Post time: 2014-8-21 12:00
this is all so juvenile.  just donate and be done with it.  it's because the publicity attracts atte ...

That is the whole idea, to attract attention to the cause

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 13:10:10 |Display all floors
In effect, the #Ice Bucket Challenge# is quite a good idea to raise public  awareness of the disease, calling on more guys to participate  as well as gather money for those in need. I just highly recommend people who accept the Challenge use less ice 'cause water is so valuable that we can't afford to waste it. In certain northern area of China, people suffer a lot due to water shortage. If I were nominated, I would prefer to donate 100 dollars instead of pouring a bucket of ice over my head.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 15:48:03 |Display all floors
jenny201408 Post time: 2014-8-22 09:09
Only do like this, can draw more people's attention.
Combine charity and entertainment, why not?

There are severe water shortages in many parts of the world. It's a shame to waste such a precious commodity when the next war will be fought over this essential and dwindling resource.  Raising awareness and donating to useful causes is important, but this ice bucket gimmick is turning into an individual show for attention seekers anxiously waiting to be named as a challenger.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 21:15:19 |Display all floors
I don't think "Ice Buket"challenge is the best way to make people give more attention to ALS,because it is a behavior of wasting water resourses.And when people watch the videos their idols posted on the microblog,they may  pay more attention to the idols rather than ALS,so the real meaning of the Ice Bucket challenge will be neglected.Of course,it is effective to spread the knowledge of ALS and rasie people's awareness of it through stars;howevercomparing with accepting the challenge,i consider that directly advocating their fans to donate to those patients is better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 22:02:02 |Display all floors
jenny201408 Post time: 2014-8-22 09:09
Only do like this, can draw more people's attention.
Combine charity and entertainment, why not?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.