Author: moonshooter

Is Obama the biggest enemy of press freedom in America?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-6 22:11:04 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-9-6 23:30
Where would you draw the line on press freedom  ?

depends on the kind of line you want
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-6 22:37:21 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2014-9-6 22:11

Im of the mind that the press should be absolutely free to expose anything they like-anytime they want to do it...

They should themselves of course on that principle, be absolutely open to scrutiny themselve's.

Yeah ?
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-6 22:37:46 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2014-9-6 22:11

Im of the mind that the press should be absolutely free to expose anything they like-anytime they want to do it...

They should themselves of course on that principle, be absolutely open to scrutiny themselve's.

Yeah ?
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-7 07:26:30 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-9-7 00:37
Im of the mind that the press should be absolutely free to expose anything they like-anytime they  ...

Personaly, I do not believe in absolutes such as perfect freedom, especially in regard to companies such as banks and powerful corporations, they need regulation. As for newspapers or media, They need less regulation by government, and journalists should not be serving the interests of government or the corporate owners.
Deregulation went too far, making corporations almost lawless.
Society needs laws and regulations that are the same for everyone.
take out the word absolutely and I can agree to this."free to expose anything they like-anytime they want to do it"
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-9-8 04:52:35 |Display all floors
It's not Obama, it doesn't matter who gets elected.
The president of the U.S. is just a figurehead for the powers behind the throne.
Those powers are a handful of obscenely rich who own the U.S. and control everything in the U.S.
Elections in the U.S. are a joke.
They have as much importance as the Rose Bowl parade or the World Series.
Personally I feel the World Series has more importance. The outcome doesn't really change anything either
but at least it is usually entertaining.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 21:03:16 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2014-9-7 07:26
Personaly, I do not believe in absolutes such as perfect freedom, especially in regard to companie ...

I personally DO believe in absolutes.  That's because there's never going to be an ' absolute ' way of exposing wrongdoings by the powers that be...

Aim low and you GET low, aim high and you are likely to get at least a bit more exposure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 21:08:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.