Author: JFenix

Police replaced in 'war zone' US town as Obama urges calm   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-18 08:09:59 |Display all floors
Alarico Post time: 2014-8-18 06:58
The community going on a looting rampage immediately after the shooting rodeny king style is not co ...

I understand the communities frustration towards the police.

Its hard to understand if you have not been harassed by police before, but its a whole different story if you are poor or a minority when it comes to your police experience.

When I was poor and trying to raise three kids, work full-time, going to school full-time - my biggest obstacle in getting ahead was the police.  I was in jail 4 times for what I consider to be poverty-related charges.  I couldn't afford insurance for my car, lose my license and rack up fines that most people might find annoying to pay off.  For me it was impossible to pay off.  I ran a deficit every month.  

I wasn't a criminal, I was just poor.  But I was treated like a criminal and harassed by the police continually.  I risked driving once to take my son to the hospital was cited on my way home.  The cop knew I just took my son to the emergency room.  Did not care.  The police ruined my life and again, was my biggest obstacle in just trying to stay afloat.  

You grow to hate them.  I still hate them.  I hate the way they have treated me in the past.  The tone they have used.  They way they have laughed at my struggles.  The insensitive jerky personality of just about every cop I ever met.  

I would rather spit at them than to look at them even to this day.

I have no sympathy for police.  My dream in life is to smack the cocky little smirks right off of their pig faces.

Assault an officer?  I've had plenty of those fantasies.  Still do.  Would love to assault a cop or at least watch a cop getting assaulted.  Getting beat to death would be something I'd pay to watch.

That is the kind of anger we are dealing with here and the cause of this needs to be addressed.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-18 08:15:03 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-8-18 07:58
They destroy their own neighborhoods, vandalize and loot businesses, ignore curfews, its mob theory  ...

Absolutely its a mob and I support them!!!

Defy authority!  Curfew?  Martial law?  Fck that.

Deal with the underlying issues here that created all the anger.

The police are to blame for all of this.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 08:52:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-23 10:11:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-23 10:21:10 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-8-18 07:58
**** Author was prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked ****

This is why you have been banned from the forum for not supporting the Green Bay Packers ;)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-23 10:29:10 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-15 09:00
I've been following the story for days.  As I keep saying..THE POLICE ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!

And now ...

This is the American Wild West myth combined with the gun culture that Hollywood has help creat and invent that the police are copying and believe they are above the very law they are charged to uphold. Or have the police turned into another street gang?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.