Post time 2014-8-14 00:22:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-13 22:55
My favourite song: "Back in the USSR..."

gloat over others' misfortune

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 00:27:26 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-8-13 23:08
It's really that bad?????

This news was covered by White Russia.It may happen in few markets,or there would be mass coverage of this on TV,we all like to take pleasure over ohers' misfortune...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 09:26:31 |Display all floors
I don't believe its that's bad at this time, more likely panic buying.

(Also note that China has banned pork imports from the US too. The ban reportedly aims to prevent ractopamine, which is an additive used in US hog farms that could leave toxic residual in pork products such as bacon and ham, from entering China. China produced 54.93 million tons of pork in 2013. China is one of the biggest buyers of US pork. The country imported $180.31 million worth of pork products in the first half of 2014, up 28 percent from the same period last year.)

The wealthy in Russia can always get whatever they want - including Putin.
Its the citizens who will suffer most, but there is still the Black Market (if you can afford higher prices).
It will take some time for Russia to resupply from other sources, hopefully before winter begins.
Putin did not restrict luxury goods (jewelry, clothing, cars) as that would piss off his wealthy friends.
As a side note food exports from the US suffer little, prices have fallen which lower any inflation risks.
Grains, hogs, cattle, poultry - they are all getting hammered.
The basic building blocks of the American diet are tumbling in price, which is not a problem.
The price of natural gas and gasoline has decreased and purchasing power increases, it means more money for consumers to spend.
The whole commodity-consuming industry, the consumer packaged goods business, is now beginning to get a windfall.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 11:53:52 |Display all floors
The Ukraine may not allow the trucks into the Country.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-14 12:01:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-13 19:31
I certainly do NOT gloat over the Russians' misfortune; I do feel great schadenfreude at all tho ...

Now you're pretending to have spent quite some time in communist Russia.
When we you tell us all about your time on Mars pulling the unmanned space rover out of ditches?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-14 12:16:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-14 14:16
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-14 14:01
Now you're pretending to have spent quite some time in communist Russia.
When we you tell us  ...

from his response it seems more likely that he's DONE time in Russia... a variation of 'spent' time in Russia
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.