Author: michaelchoi

How do you think about China's real estate market?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-22 11:53:22 |Display all floors
I do wish I knew more to be honest... It isn't just China, though. It happens worldwide even in places like the UK. It is difficult to live

Sara @ http://www.simplenewz.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-22 11:57:31 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-8-21 14:44
I think it depends on the city you are in and the district within that city.  I live in Dongguan in  ...

which area of Dongguan prices has dropped ?..can you tell me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-22 12:33:16 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2014-8-22 11:57
which area of Dongguan prices has dropped ?..can you tell me

Some of the high end apartments and villas in Dongcheng, also around the New World Garden area in Dongcheng. The new stuff has not dropped as much as the re-sale market.  Chinese people are not real fond of buying used apartments, especially if they are going to live in them and not rent them out.  A lot of factories have closed in DG the past couple of years, so the rental market is over supplied.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-8-22 13:40:41 |Display all floors
CodeNoname Post time: 2014-8-22 11:16
What I told previously was that THEY SAY it would start stabilizing after the holidays. Maybe not, ...

Has the BJ lady really lost? If she sells this one and buys another will that other one not be cheaper? If she bought only as an investment then that is the risk you take.

Lifting the buying restrictions will only make it worse for ordinary folk to buy. Maybe the real problem is too many new houses are being built

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-22 22:49:37 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-8-22 13:40
Has the BJ lady really lost? If she sells this one and buys another will that other one not be che ...

The Bj lady has really lost THAT BIG amount of money. The contract for the new apartment was signed while the old flat was not sold yet... and not sold still. She keeps loosing money right now. And she is not alone in this situation. A LOT of beijingers fell the prey to this change on the market. I cann not talk about other cities because I prefer to speak facts and avoid generalizing, but the capital is like that right now.

As about the real problems, they say that the biggest factor for the sales drop is... the government's anti-corruption campaign.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-8-23 02:44:39 |Display all floors
CodeNoname Post time: 2014-8-22 22:49
The Bj lady has really lost THAT BIG amount of money. The contract for the new apartment was signe ...

You can not blame that loss on the property market, she should not have signed a contract when the old place was not sold, if she had waited and property prices dropped then she would have lost on the sale but gained on the purchase.

Maybe she can not sell as her expectations for the sale are unrealistic.

As to anti corruption measures causing the drop, if this is true( and I am not sure that it is ) then that is a price worth paying for an improved China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-25 10:59:09 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-8-22 12:33
Some of the high end apartments and villas in Dongcheng, also around the New World Garden area in  ...

Thanks for the Info , I'll check it out.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.