Author: btfx

How to foster children's independence?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-16 00:49:20 |Display all floors
Children can be taken care of and be taught simple things by the right example. But they have their own identity and they are to bring something new from a different dimension. They can teach us something that we do not yet know. They should know their goal in life, otherwise they wouldn't be born, don't think they are just a physical product of yourself which is the material way of having, to be able to grow you need faith which is a spiritual matter. It's a difference between have and behave, as you see the word behave is made of be and have. To be comes first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 10:24:19 |Display all floors
I think the most important thing is to ask them questions at a young age about, "What they think?" "How they feel?" about certain things. You also can't coddle your child too much which can be hard (especially if you only have 1 child), and have to encourage your child to try new things, eat new food, and not to be shy when meeting new people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 19:26:27 |Display all floors
voy Post time: 2014-8-13 00:30
Throw kids in real life working environment during holiday period without single cent support. one o ...

What if their children are too young to work?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 19:30:42 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-8-13 08:53
My daughter is 5 1/2 years old and she makes her own bed, feeds herself, takes a shower by herself ...

Taking care of themselves is the first step for children to be independent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 19:35:09 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-8-13 10:46
Teach your child how to make decisions and accept consequences.
If a child is wise and curious enou ...

Your reply is quite enlightening! "Teach your child how to make decisions and accept consequences. " I like it most!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 19:45:26 |Display all floors
Kevin.Song Post time: 2014-8-15 15:26
Always let children do right things at the right time.

How do you tell them what is right and what is wrong? For example, if your child wants to do something, but you think it is not advisable for him/her to do so according to your experience. Will you tell him/her directly not to do so or will you let he/she do and then fails so that he/she will learn something from it, remember it and never do it again?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 01:50:27 |Display all floors
Hey Renrew,About 50% of the parents I know are exactly like your article describes.Hopefully they won't fill the jails.I think being positive and telling them what society expects of them should be enough.Dont interfere in kids business,they always have a way to work it out themselves.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.