Author: 1584austin

How about using this thread, for Voice to tell members why they have been banned    Close [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-8-9 17:12:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2014-8-9 17:14
yipman2 Post time: 2014-8-9 16:25
"... stating why a member is banned would keep the a lit bit ... "

Sounds like you dozed off ther ...

Well I blame it on my Daughter just dropping off my two youngest Grandchildren, Grandad this, Grandad that, Grandad can I get the dolly's  out the shed Grandad can I get the cars out, can I go in the garden, can I have a bun Grandad, Grandadcan I have a drink, watch me Grandad, how do I do this Grandad.

I just missed a word out

Lovely aint it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 18:03:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 18:06:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 22:28:07 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-8-9 18:03
One of the greatest ducks China has ever known

Sounds like a lucrative job.

I guess you do get to meet interesting ladies as one of the perks ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 22:37:54 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-8-9 17:06
Did that person ask Voice?

I believe he wrote to Admin i.e. to whom the complaint was originally posted in a PM.

The PM is still there (with the challenge) on Admin's homepage. I understand there was no response from Admin at all.

Please note that PM here means Public Message. It appeared said accuser really struggled to understand the difference between public and private - in that by making all of his accusations public (at least the ones to one of the mods - I'm quite sure there were others who asked to 'take action') it gave an idea of the language and accusations being made.

It also provided an insight into the evidence he had - apparently the accused was a Scotsman who also masqueraded as an English Piggy Moderator - who hacked into PM's ( eh ... Public Messages). i.e. no evidence just wild unsubstantiated allegations. Apparently Austin is Scottish!!!

Yes, I know, you really couldn't make this up - the accused, having been summarily banned, apparently had to try really really hard not to call the accuser dumb as a rock, on his return, when trying to explain the difference between a public message and a private message, for over the space of a (something-like) 10 page conversation.

It didn't make any difference and with the accuser still repeating the same accusations of hacking/reading the 'PM's", said accused was banned once again. For reading Public Messages. Amazing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 22:42:32 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-8-9 17:06
Did that person ask Voice?

I understand one of the ratty moderators also mentioned that the accused was banned for "personal attacks and excessive innuendo".

Apparently innuendo i.e. hinting that something might be the case is OUT.
Wandering around the forum, targeting users and telling them directly that they are too stupid to understand is IN.

Extraordinary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 11:44:27 |Display all floors
You can leave if you don't like it.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.