Author: PPsally

Should husband let the wife manage his salary?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-9 02:20:10 |Display all floors
My wife (Chinese) and I manage the money together. We share an account

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-8-9 02:26:25 |Display all floors
Shunder Post time: 2014-8-8 09:05
I totaly agree with your view Because different situation need different solution {:1_1: ...

Every person is different, one size fits all does not work

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 02:32:04 |Display all floors
I agree with a lot of the comments made by others
Marriage is a partnership - I think people should discuss  how finance / money will be managed and agree on goals and roles.  

It depends - on the people, their skills, age, trust and a lot of other factors like are there other responsibilities and liabilities (dependant children and or adults etc.)

I have seen cases where it was the woman that had the gambling and or drinking problem and others where it was the man. Putting those problems aside they were nice people, dealing with a situation like that up front while showing each other respect, might prevent ruining an otherwise happy marriage.  I can understand reasons for a lot of approaches to money management that can work, but to me the important factor is mutual respect and agreement is more important than if the man, the woman or both manage the money.

A lot of marriage councilors recommend prenuptial agreements.  They say while the agreements can be perceived as disrespectful and hurtful by a lot of people they can help lay the foundation of a successful marriage.   One case where a prenuptial agreement is strongly recommended is if either or both the people entering marriage have children, to ensure the children's rights or needs are protected should they be survived by the other.  
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 13:54:52 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-8-9 02:26
Every person is different, one size fits all does not work

Agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 13:55:32 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2014-8-9 02:32
I agree with a lot of the comments made by others
Marriage is a partnership - I think people should  ...

a good speech ,yes, it depends as you said~there are many facts here

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.