Author: KIyer

Indians fought Europe's wars   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-9 04:39:47 |Display all floors
nihao567 Post time: 2014-8-9 03:54
pride is the fuel, i think. why else would people serve if it did not make them feel proud. im su ...

Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 04:58:08 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-8-8 06:49
from the French Colony´s 239600 Dead. If you can belive it ???

Not that hard to believe. During the battle of the frontiers in first month of the war there were 500 000 casualties. The war would continue for 4 more years with some 30-40 million casualties. The old world marched off to war in Europe and died there. Unfortunately,  the new one didn't turn out be any better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 05:51:48 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2014-8-9 04:58
Not that hard to believe. During the battle of the frontiers in first month of the war there were  ...

Russian Casualties numbered 9 Millions,
German 8.1.
And Casualties are still counting, with enough ammunition still in the ground in Europe.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 06:46:33 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-8-9 02:55
i never understood why the indians never rebellious against the brits, and always obedient

I don't think  that is fair to say.

They are no different than anyone else.  Look throughout history...it tells the same story over and over.  How many peoples have been conquered and occupied across the globe?  It seems the cases where there is the most differences between conquerer and conquered - especially race (but can be religion) - this adds a whole different dynamic to it.  

No one would really get all that upset about how slovaks were occupied by hungary in the austrian-hungarian empire.  No one really talks about the ottoman empire in the ME either.   No one makes comments like 'why were they obedient?'  People do what they have to do as always.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 06:53:43 |Display all floors
Conquer where you can...international-national or just personal...

Say somethin to prove me wrong and you've got five minutes to do it from the time of ths post...

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-9 09:15:59 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-8-9 04:55
i never understood why the indians never rebellious against the brits, and always obedient

indians did rebel, there was a major one in the 1800s. brutally crushed.. Look at the Palestians now. Weak people can still rebel, but it is not effective.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-9 09:17:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-9 11:53
Motika Post time: 2014-8-9 02:09
Normal action for a colonial power to abuse the people for there own gain and profit. Many did not ...

it depends on what we consider to be 'normal' in human morality... thanks for letting us know what you consider as normal in your way of thinking!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.