Author: hxl001

Will you eat leftovers or just throw them   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-30 10:04:21 |Display all floors
bluenoser Post time: 2014-7-29 23:47
I find that soups and stews and pasta sauce taste better the next day.

YES, some food need deep cook or twice cook to integrate with the sauce

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 11:34:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 11:36:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 12:53:09 |Display all floors
"leftovers"   food or ladies?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 13:13:11 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2014-7-30 12:53
"leftovers"   food or ladies?

you guess

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 13:17:20 |Display all floors
hxl001 Post time: 2014-7-30 10:02
it will produce bacterial that can not be seen by naked eyes

Well, there is bacteria, true. But I think people are more scared of bacteria than they should be. You know there is a lot of bacteria in your body right now, but they don't do any harm.

Anyway, the low temperature in the refrigerator is supposed to slow the growth of bacteria. So if you keep leftovers outside in hot weather, then yes, it will spoil within just a few hours. But if you keep in the refrigerator, this doesn't happen.

Come to think of it, this is the classic Chinese dilemma. You know, because Chinese people want to eat good food, and also because Chinese people do not want to waste anything. So what to do about leftovers??? Haha

When I was a kid, I didn't pay attention to food because my mom told me, your only job is to study. So I just ate whatever they gave me. Later my mom would tell me that when she was growing up, that my grandma used to eat all the leftovers by herself, and then I realized my mom did the same thing. We will cook new rice, and she will eat the old rice. I didn't know this until much later when I saw her do it, so I told her, we will all share the leftover, why does she need to eat it alone.

If you eat outside your home, the chances of you getting food poisoning is much greater. I have eaten some fish at a 5-star hotel, only to come home and throw up for 3 days in a row. I almost died. Ok, maybe a little exaggeration, but...it was horrible.

If you make sure that the raw vegetables are fresh and thoroughly cleaned before you cook them, I realized that the cooked food will last for at least 3 days. Sometimes I notice that food spoils quicker than usual, then I think it's because it wasn't so clean.

People have been known to actually swallow poison by the gallon, but they survived it because they believed they were protected by some God. So, in this case, it's not so much about your food, but about your beliefs about what you eat. Do not fear.

I do think that the smell test works well. If it doesn't smell, and if it doesn't taste funny, then it should be okay to eat. At least it works for me. I have never gotten sick from eating leftovers, but I have gotten sick more times than once from eating out.

Anyway, I hesitate to comment on people's mothers, because it is a sensitive topic. But if your mother gets a stomachache every time she eats leftovers, it's probably because she believes in her mind leftovers are full of bacteria. So she should not eat any leftovers, because consciously or not, she thinks they are no good. It's just a personal preference or tendency. Don't try to tell her it's okay, just let her be. It's no big deal.

...Please excuse the long post....

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-30 13:38:01 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-7-30 11:34
that is good.. then you wont get upset anymore..?

I won't

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.