Author: english-learner

How is China's wealth distributed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-28 14:06:32 |Display all floors
longzhou & Robert both like the OXFAM report when they think it supports their claims, longzhou with an exclamation mark and from what I have seen on this forum, it's one of Robert's favorite quotes.

Yet when it says that China tops the list of the world's most unequal countries they run away from it. Not surprising really when the report doesn't end up supporting their view that China is more equal than the "West"...

Funny in the end:  Egg. On. Faces.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 15:05:11 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-28 13:11
Er.....10% out of 85 makes it....8.5, let's say 9, OK? This means there are still another 76 (90%) ...

So where did OXFAM get those numbers?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 17:36:41 |Display all floors
I suggest the goverment to force companies to pay 5 nsurances

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 19:16:51 |Display all floors
Good topic English Learner. Actually the wealth gap is worse than the figures you used. I read on Caixin that the top 5% of Chinese own 90% of China's wealth. It's enough to make the CCP shiver.
do to others as you would have them do to you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 20:22:08 |Display all floors
MrMao Post time: 2014-7-28 14:06
longzhou & Robert both like the OXFAM report when they think it supports their claims, longzhou with ...

I don't run away from it; I just mentioned it refering to wealth distribution because I found it's facts to be coincident or very similar to the ones presented by other institutions.
I read their inequality classification (GINI) and I found it strange that it was so different so I went to other sources like the World Bank and the own CIA Gini indexes and found out that OXFAM declares the inequality not in terms of the GINI index but in terms of how many rich there are in a certain nation. This is not very academic and anyone in the world of statistics will tell you the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 20:25:08 |Display all floors
elzach Post time: 2014-7-28 19:16
Good topic English Learner. Actually the wealth gap is worse than the figures you used. I read on Ca ...

Your figures are supported by any hard data or are just someones imagination?

P.S.: Caixin is not an official statistics agency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-29 00:16:22 |Display all floors
I am so happy I took a class in college called "Lying with Statistics".  It pointed out how simple statistics can stand for anything.  While there is so much more to the story.  For instance, it is given what "Percentage" is where, however it does not tell us what 100% of the wealth is in a number.  It's like I sold $20 worth of a product today, tomorrow I sold $40 worth.  Is that truly reflective when I say my company's growth is at 100%?  Why a person would be a fool NOT to invest in me.

Wow, Robert admits capitalism exists in China???????  Do my eyes deceive me?

And of course the richest in China have such 'guanxi' that it's impossible for them NOT to control so much of the economy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.