Author: english-learner

How is China's wealth distributed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-27 18:40:46 |Display all floors
MrMao Post time: 2014-7-27 18:36
If the "numbers don't lie" and according to the report China is "similar" to "the most unequal count ...

Similar: something that is the same or very close to the original.

33% to 50%

Does this look similar to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-27 18:43:53 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-27 18:37
Er..... How does 1 to 33 fare worst than 1 to 50? The wealth distribution data says that! This to  ...

Hmm. Not sure where you are getting those numbers. I don't see them in the report.

I quoted the report as saying China is similar to the most unequal country on earth. Which is the exact opposite to what you are trying to claim.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-27 21:05:15 |Display all floors
MrMao Post time: 2014-7-27 18:43
Hmm. Not sure where you are getting those numbers. I don't see them in the report.

I quoted the  ...

You don't see it? Oh!
The OP of this thread says that 1% of the Chinese own 1/3 of the total wealth according to a report done on families' income. Now we can admit that 1/3 is equivalent to a 33% of the wealth.

The  OXFAM and IARIW say that 1% of the wealthy accumulate almost a 50% of the global wealth..... Exactly a 46% !

What is it you don't see? Care to explain, please!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-27 21:09:40 |Display all floors
Agree. The system is still not 100% "waterproof" nor it's perfectly equal but it seems to be more equal than what we see in the developed nations if we look at the figures!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-27 21:24:27 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-27 21:05
You don't see it? Oh!
The OP of this thread says that 1% of the Chinese own 1/3 of the total weal ...

Got it.

Back to the OXFAM report you supported. "I know first hand that  OXFAM runs it's own studies independently!" You even used an exclamation mark to enforce your support.

What about OXFAM's conclusion based on their data? China is "similar" to South Africa. Placing it as the "most unequal country on earth".

That summation is the opposite of your claims here. Obviously this report does not support you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 08:19:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2014-7-28 08:36

One, there are at least 150 million people no body can help, because they live in remote mountain area.

Two, giving money to the poor is never a solution to help the poor,
the only effective way is creating job opportunities. With 1.35 billion people, it is easy to say but impossible to do, otherwise there would be no worries in USA.

Three, though not in people pocket, people are the owners of capital of SOE, which is one of the key reasons that government has been able to pull hundreds of millions of people out of poverty. This huge amount of wealth has never been considered when talking about wealth of  public people.

The report showed about 74.7 percent of Chinese household wealth came from owning real estate.

Four, the main reason West has better wealth distribution is because lot of people own houses, which is way too much to ask for China after only 30 years of development.  China now is entering the period people start owning a house.

BTW, I don't know how houses are calculated in wealth. If I buy an apartment with mortgage, is it counted as my personal wealth?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-28 08:57:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2014-7-28 09:06
grenade4dodger Post time: 2014-7-27 23:16
Why, oh why, and why... don't you leave China and go live in Gaza, I ask.

Don't have to pay attention to what he said.

The corruption in China is due to that people are entited to the wealth.

His solution is to let people give up their entitlement (so fair, people get only what they are entitled to, no matter how small the share is), hence the power is transferred to the super rich, and  then people like him can take over the control of public opinions, like a judge in the room.

Just like in 2000 years of feudal system, Chinese writers never bothered to change the system because they were the judges in the room, even they have to kowtow to the emperors. Now after 30 years of development, China is like hell to them. Why? because the more China develops economically, the more credits government will get, which completely jeopardize their controls of public opinions.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.