Views: 1094|Replies: 1

UK MP assault partner [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-26 04:48:52 |Display all floors
Thu Jul 24, 2014

A British conservative party member of parliament has apologized for assaulting his ex-partner earlier in the year.

Conservative MP David Ruffley said he was sorry for his "inappropriate action" after being given a police caution for common assault on his ex-partner.

Ruffley speaking through his lawyers for the first time after the incident said that his former partner had accepted his apology and that by no means did he condone domestic violence.

"I regret this matter in its entirety and the position in which I put my former partner and I now ask that her privacy be respected," he said.

The MP was arrested at his central London apartment in March.

The Conservative Party is currently discussing Ruffley’s future in parliament in private.

Newly released figures have shown a 20 percent rise in sexual offences recorded by the police in England and Wales in the 12 months to the end of March 2014.

The report also showed that violent crimes have risen by 6 percent during the reporting period.

Britain has also been rocked by a series of pedophile scandals in the last three years, which broke out after the death of the BBC’s former presenter, Jimmy Savile, who has been branded as one of UK’s most prolific known sexual predators.

Savile died in 2011 and following his death, hundreds of allegations of sex abuse and rape of minors became public.

Several high-profile figures have been arrested in connection with the multiple investigations into the abuse scandal surrounding the BBC’s former presenter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-26 04:49:59 |Display all floors
Audrey Blakey:

British life daily has only parts Sex, Drug and drink alcohol.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.