Author: judgeandjury

Ghost-Jackal-Western-Chinese-Friendship Post and Gentlemans Club- Enter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-11 22:18:53 |Display all floors

Regurgitated Hairballs!

-- gotta hate that when it happens.

.... ... ..

Such a disturbance to my ongoing investigation into a common name for the "snake-head" catfish!

OK back to work: Is there any more description of their behavior? For instance, do you have to fish for them, or will they just come to you, if properly allured?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-13 13:41:56 |Display all floors

seeking new members

With the resignation of Inquisition, an opening has become available in the <B>Ghost-Jackal-Western-Chinese-Friendship Post and Gentlemans Club.</B>

Forumites seeking membership please apply within.

To keep a balance in this club, the applicant must be a Ghost and be willing to pay for the drinks.

Thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-14 20:00:35 |Display all floors

Hello, Bye Bye

Actually I didn't mind the young kids saying "Hello" on a recent short holiday in HK and Macau, as I walked around playing tourist or shopping.

I guess that for expat residents it could be a bit tedious, of course if one was to ignore or take issue with this plethora of greetings, one would run the risk of giving all visitors a bad name.

I am also interested in the popular use of "Bye Bye" by virtually everyone I heard in HK, not just to me, but amongst themselves.
Is this just a catchy & convenient English farewell, or does it also represent something compatible in Cantonese?

Any clues?

JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-14 21:58:52 |Display all floors

bye , bye JohnB

These were vendors of small shops shouting "Buy, buy !" , Johny.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-15 03:13:21 |Display all floors

INQY!!!!

Do you even talk to Chinese people about this stuff? In private? What do they tell you?? It's much closer to what the Jackals think and very far indeed from what you have to say.
Your rhetoric is straight chairman talk(I know this makes you proud). Insults, zero rational, slogans galore..."the party is the country, the country is the party"etc,etc..blahblahblah. Weak sauce my friend!! WEAK!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-5 22:39:59 |Display all floors

Boring!!

But it seems that Mummy's concern is going to incur international dispute. It might be more suitable to escalate the issue to the House of Parliament of America for discussion by priority - the first thing in the morning. There are two genders of human beings by international law  - male & female. American law contained a third gender: transexual (lawful counterfeiting), whilst not getting the public toilets ready for the third gender. This must be human rights violation!!

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-1-15 14:17:07 |Display all floors

Gentlemans Club- Enter

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.