Views: 1242|Replies: 3

Website unmasks links Google is blocking from search results [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-17 20:07:29 |Display all floors
July 17, 2014

A subversive website has been launched to keep track of news and other webpages Google has “censored” from the search engine’s index, following the European Court of Justice’s controversial Right to be Forgotten ruling.

The tech giant has reportedly been inundated with 70,000 requests  to remove sensitive information from its search results in the  aftermath of the ECJ’s decision. While this data may be accurate,  it is considered “irrelevant” and possibly defamatory  under the EU policy shift.

In a mark of protest against online censorship, a new site  ‘Hidden  From Google’ has begun archiving links censored by search  engines intent on complying with ECJ demands. The site was set up  by US web developer and transparency advocate, Afaq Tariq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-17 20:07:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-17 20:19:53 |Display all floors
Google

Google is the real world Ministry of Truth.Google Merchants of Death and you will never be given Lockheed Martin or General Dynamics.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-18 08:47:21 |Display all floors
I think the whole ruling is a bunch of BS as well.

Its things like this that I understand the term 'euroweenie'.

I have many a client complain and whine about information about them on the web.  They'll offer thousands to 'bury the listing' in google by optimizing 50 other sites to rank higher.  Crazy things like that.  I always have to tell them (nicely) to suck it up.  There is nothing they can do except to show a better side or directly deal with the bad press or past itself.

So many clients we've had to explain this to instead of take their money to do something impossible anyways.  They learn to deal and adapt.  Tough luck - we all have to deal with it.  Freedom of speech and all...and if its the truth, there is just not a god damn thing you can do to remove it.

Just a few months ago another client we have to have this talk with.  The guy literally cried over beers.  He lost thousands from bad press.   We could not 'bury' the story.  We could not remove it from search.  We could only show a better side and urged him to tell his side of the story in the most constructive manner to win back trust.

I think americans accept the fact more that there is no privacy anymore.  And we've learned pretty much not to care a whole lot about it.  Its kind of nice not to have all the pretense.  Everyone's dirty laundry is out for all to see.  So what....we all just learned we are all human beings who make mistakes sometimes.  Is that so bad?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.