Author: DSseeing

Is it wrong not to have a child all one life?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-16 11:01:04 |Display all floors
Because Chinese people have a saying that it's good to have lots of children and grandchildren. There are many ways to leave your mark in the world. And if you don't leave your children here, you can leave other things, such as your small acts of kindness that touch the hearts of others.

You know, I actually think it's wrong to have a child when the world is overpopulated. I really think it's selfish to have children when you can't raise them in a nice environment. But I'm not here to judge anyone. Each person has their own reasons.

But this is not the only life we have. Reincarnation has been proven through hypnosis and studies of children who remember their past lives without hypnosis, if you care to research about it. Many of us have been here before. And many Westerners have been Chinese in a past life, and vice versa. Some Chinese under hypnosis suddenly speak fluent English, when out of hypnosis they don't know any English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:09:19 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-16 10:43
My wife never had children and she's glad she didn't.
When we are out or at a restaurant and she see ...
In the western world where EVERYTHING is looked upon as a competition of some kind

i thought i was the only one who felt this way. because after leaving the west for a while, the pressure to compete also disappeared. i'm sure my friends over there are still competing with one another. in this way, i feel that there is more freedom in asia. i don't feel the need to compete with anyone anymore. but things are changing. materialism is coming to asia.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-7-16 11:13:31 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-15 19:09
i thought i was the only one who felt this way. because after leaving the west for a while, the  ...

The cancer of capitalism will ruin the world if we let it.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:14:09 |Display all floors

Though it's a personal choice to go Dink or not, it's never as simple as that in China. It goes against with Chinese traditional belief.

I don´t know if you are in China or not but maybe you must have better idea about China for the big quantity of threads you have posted in this forum.
In many years i was in China I can guarantee the saying Chinese traditional belief have died several years ago
Many people living their lives as there is no tomorrow

There's a Chinese saying who says "The more children you have, the more blessings you'll get." The most miserable thing for most elder Chinese is to die without descendants.

In Chinese modern times nobody cares those sayings, they can repeat it, mention it but nobody or almost nobody apply it in themselves. The one you just said it sounds nice and interesting.

Ok,
My opinion
1.- I know many couples really have pressure from different ways and they can´t afford some basic priorities in a house.
2.- other couples are too wealthy (and crazy)  that they don´t want babies, they prefer to rent another woman to carry the pregnancy.
3.- What i really think about this topic , they are couples who for husband or wife side can not have babies, one of them are not fertile and the best excuse to avoid the shame or gossips is to say to everybody that they are not interested to have babies.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:15:37 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-7-16 11:03
You always seem to do a good job of showing your ignorance.

why don't you explain how he is ignorant? he shows a lot of insights in his posts and he does brighten up this forum, otherwise this forum would just decay to insults and name-calling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:16:38 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-15 17:54
To have or not to have children is a decision that concerns the couple; what's the point in having c ...
P.S.: We've had three kids and love them but I understand those who rpefer not to have them.

They call you dad? they love you?

Yes or not, no need show off with long stories.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:18:02 |Display all floors
恰同学少年 Post time: 2014-7-15 20:39
It's not a complete life if one don't have a chilld.Children can bring happiness to a family and thi ...

Agree

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.