Views: 8347|Replies: 71

Chinese Becoming as Good as My People in Being Sneaky   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-14 21:20:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Pleistocene at 2014-7-14 21:29

I live in New York City, and we just added a Chinese citizen to our lease who is going to Columbia University.  All my roommates worships the ground she walks on and grovels before her.  Why?  Because she is very good at using cheap words to make everyone think she is a philanthropic saint.  She says "thank you" 100 times each day to every roommate, smiles at everyone all day, and inundates everyone with endless compliments.  Everyone now things that China is the world's greatest nation because it is filled with people like our new roommate.

But, I analyzed how she actually benefits and helps my roommates, and she does absolutely nothing but use cheap words and smiles to dupe all of them.  She does not actually spend time helping in a practical sense, nor does she financially help in any way or contribute in any way.  She does absolutely nothing, and is in fact very noisy and could care less about the welfare of any of us and could care less if we all dropped dead.  But she has tricked everyone with cheap words and smiles, just like my people do!  Well done, China, you are learning quite well.  The future will truly be ruled by only both our people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-14 21:24:38 |Display all floors
douchy pouchy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 01:42:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by taien at 2014-7-15 01:42

I think she just showed the basic manners to you ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 01:54:04 |Display all floors
Hi Pleistocene, the correct term to reflect the meaning that you have no more caring to give is,
"I could not care less", not "I could care less".

If you say that you could care less, that means you still have more care to lose yet, insinuating that you still do care.

I am not an expert in English, but there are some bad usage examples of English that prompt a response from me. I am only trying to stop any bad habits some people may have. You probably got them from your friends. But, pay attention to the meaning of what comes out of your mouth.

There is another horrible saying that comes from the US, "I didn't do nothing", which means that I did do something. The cops must love it when someone says that when they are arrested, it is like a confession or admitting ones guilt.
The correct form is, "I did not do anything".

"I didn't do nothing" is a double negative.

If I did not do nothing, then I must have done something.

Now you can have a laugh at the people that say this, and I bet they will have a hard time understanding what you are laughing at.
Simple really, isn't it.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 05:32:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jay_dee at 2014-7-15 05:33

She is Asian and probably hot looking - that's why they grovel, because they all wanna bang her.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 16:32:29 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-7-15 05:32
She is Asian and probably hot looking - that's why they grovel, because they all wanna bang her. :lo ...

She is average looking.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-16 17:40:26 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-7-15 05:32
She is Asian and probably hot looking - that's why they grovel, because they all wanna bang her. :lo ...

She is not putting out, how she is getting away with it is not original. Sex sells, she must be studying advertising  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.