Views: 2748|Replies: 10

Philanthropists in the Asian-Pacific region in 2014 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-11 17:43:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by moonshooter at 2014-7-12 14:50

Fobes magzine listed 48 outstanding philanthropists in Asia-pacific region.Some of them have pratical ideas about how to build a better sciety,some of them may be not famous,but their generosity left deep impressions with us.
1.The founder of Fortescue Metals Group(福特斯库金属集团).
He provided $6,200 for five universites in Austrilia last year.His Walk Free Foundation established Global Freedom Network,aiming to abolish slavory.In 2011,he left from his position in Fortescue Metals Group as CEO and dedicated himself into philanthropy.He is the first Austrilian to promise that he will donate majority of his property to develop welfare career.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 19:08:35 |Display all floors
i wish i have that kinda moola to share but now i need your generous help (anyway that you can)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-12 14:50:16 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-7-11 19:08
i wish i have that kinda moola to share but now i need your generous help (anyway that you can)  : ...

you should find a tuhao to sopport your life,I am not a good choice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-12 14:57:57 |Display all floors
2.Founder & CEO of ISIS foundation.
Her ISIS foundation cooperated with health,educational and infrastruture authorities in Nepal,Uganda to help improve lives of 30,000 poor people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-12 15:04:39 |Display all floors
3.Fouder of Clive Berghofer Group
Last year,he donated $45 million to Queensland Institute of Medical Research,In 2001,he established Cancer Research Center,which costs him $5.5 million.He also contributed to the development of local schools,sports club,hospitals and charity organization in his hometown,Toowoomba,in Austrilia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-12 15:11:52 |Display all floors
4.Board chairman of Crown Resorts(皇冠度假酒店)
Last year,after his $2 billion Crown Resorts project approved by th government,he used $56 million to dound Sydney Arts Fund,half of the donation will go to arts group in poverty-striken areas in Sydney.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-12 15:19:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by moonshooter at 2014-7-12 15:20

5.Board chairman of Hainan Airlines
Hainan Airlines was set up in 2000,and have donated $127 milion to society.Last year,it donated 1.6 million to World Food Programme.As the main shareholder,he enhanced his enterprise's efforts for charity,enabling China's teenagers,handicapped and enviomental protection benefited from it.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.