Author: moonshooter

Foreign brands that are always considered luxury in China,actully they are not. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-9 21:46:57 |Display all floors
4.施华洛世奇(SWOROVSKI)
Actually,this brand's exquisite crystals are artificially-made ,its price in US and Europe are far cheaper than in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 21:48:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 21:53:33 |Display all floors
5.宜家(IKEA)
Chinese youngsters hornour IKEA the "paradise of bourgeois ",even IKEA itself would be shy if she heard that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 21:53:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 22:04:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by moonshooter at 2014-7-9 23:04

6.星巴克(starbucks coffee)
It is also called "the paradise of bourgeois"by the young,Having their ipad around,they step into Starbucks,pretending they are doing something important through ipad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 10:11:37 |Display all floors
interesting. thanks for posting. would you say many chinese people have become materialistic, or is this just a handful of chinese and not the majority? i mean chinese who are interested in foreign brands mainly to just show off....

many things nowadays are cheaper in america, and the same things are much more expensive in asia.

i find some chinese brands better in quality than their western counterparts, and a whole lot cheaper too. in the past i have never looked for chinese brands as i never saw any. but nowadays i give them a chance. if something is too cheap, it will break easily though. but you can find good quality chinese products that are more reasonably priced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 14:04:40 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-11 10:11
interesting. thanks for posting. would you say many chinese people have become materialistic, or is  ...

some are eager to show their status by having these so-called "luxuries",in fact I think that is common and reasonoble,but when you see many chinese take trips to foreign countries ,doing nothing but chasing after the luxury bags,you would find it is abnormal.
in foreign countries,you could see"made in china"in many places,many chinese goods exported have better quality

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.