Author: Gabrial521

Truth behind the street beggers   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-9 05:20:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pantarhei at 2014-7-9 05:23

On my first trip to China I had small child run up to me and hug my leg, apparently begging for money.
Seen some beggars since, including a half naked woman on her knees in the middle of a food vendor street.

Less beggars than at home though.  Here you can find a Romanian beggar at every corner and an occasional domnestic one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 22:07:12 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-7-6 15:50
Possibly the difficultly is they are being pressured by their controllers

if i do not give them,maybe controller don't give them a meal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-27 12:39:05 |Display all floors
I read some report on it, some people hired disable children from their parents, and give them a little money, might be several handred RMB. The children are sent to big cities, and let them beg for this orgnization. if the child could not get the target money each day, he was punished to eat little food.

this is really a pity phenomina in china, if the government could provide more heip to them, they can live well. no begger.
Strong policies could be drafted for steet beggers, if they need money, they can go to charity organization.

Some beggers are professional ones, they got lots of money each month, more than 10000 RMB, which is much more than a job can offer for low level educated people. They think this is an easy way to get money.

In china, the work 'Kind" is not the real meaning of kind. they say kind. but do things not kind to people. this is traditional chinese culture.

Now, China is getting more civilized, we have to avoid the bad phenomina and show the good side and decrease the bad side part of our society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 15:53:50 |Display all floors
Once I met a young pregnant woman with good clothes kneeling down at the entracne of supermarket, in front of her spreaded a cloth with stories about her, serveral people walked forward and saw the content, she was a teacher, and came to Shanghai  with her husband for earning money, unfortunately, her husband met accident and died, left her with her unborn child, she wanted to ask money for train ticket. In fact, nobody believed her story, of course no one send money to her, as a so young with knowledge, it is easy for her to earn enough money for train ticket, but not kneeled down for symphay from others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 20:53:41 |Display all floors
As it to me,I always give some money to the disabled or old people before and never share money to the people who have a good body.But now I seldom give my money to street beggars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 21:10:19 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-7-2 17:03
Begging should be looked upon as a national disgrace and offenders be given jobs as street cleaners. ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 23:01:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.