Views: 609|Replies: 5

Culture insider: China's ancient Gaokao system [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-5 08:34:56 |Display all floors
The process of the ancient imperial examination is performed in Langzhong, Sichuan province on September 25, 2013. [Photo/IC]

How was the examination conducted?

The examination was held once every three years and it consisted of four levels: the county examination, provincial examination, academy examination and palace examination. Candidates had to first pass one level in order to take par ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

robinhood has been deleted
Post time 2014-6-5 08:35:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 14:05:23 |Display all floors
Really, so cheating is really in our culture, or human nature? And Wen Tingjun had "helped" eight to succeed? But he sounded such a sad one in his poems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-6 02:02:43 |Display all floors
I believe the pocket notebooks are meant to be used as cliff notes. The term "cheating" has been wrongly worded here. Lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-6 14:11:13 |Display all floors
Why not recreate exams of the Han, Tang, Song and Ming dynasties?  The ones pictured in #1, 4 and 6 look rather crappy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 13:58:11 |Display all floors
I was going to see Peking U and Tsinghua U. when in Beijing since they're so close to the summer palace, but ran short on time. Any girls, former or attending hit me up. I'd be fun talking for sure. Now, back home in So. California, but plan on returning this spring or fall. I was in Jinan for 2 weeks and people were warm and friendly. Most were just curious about a foreigner and some even wanted thier pic taken with me, lol....Had a great time there...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.