Views: 4232|Replies: 8

My gaokao memory [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-3 16:57:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by desperado123 at 2014-6-3 17:07

It's still clear and vivid even it happened about 15 years ago. I can remember it was a humid, hot and grey day. With a borrowed umbrella, I walked 20 minutes to a bus station and then arrived at a shabby hotel after one-hour travel. Ironically, I can't remember anything about the exam itslef. A deep relax came to me after the 3-day fighting and I told myself "there would be a longer vacation."  
In retrospect,  gaokao did great effect on me and the fellow with same age. Once you get access to college, you will live a totally different live especially for us, those live in countryside and had no much choice but to work as farmer or migrant worker. Nonetheless, many of mine buddies who didn't attend the college education now live a comfortable life as they get the ticket of the train of urbanization. Many of them can earn 10k-20k each year from managing a decoration group which serve as painter or decorators for the new apartments. Of course, personally, I also feel grateful to gaokao as it has changed my destiny and got me chance to live a life of my choice.  

However, our society has changed a lot, so did gaokao. Chinese young students have more choices other than gaokao. Many of those in first-tier cities have give up the so-called make-or-break competition. They focus their eyes on the world-leading presigious universities like Yale, Princeton, Berkeley, Cambridge and Oxford. Besides, you can get succeed via other ways and more and more people and parents have realize that.  Last, job-seeking challenge hold true for both college gradutes and their applicants.

Anyway,  guess everyone has different gaokao story and generally it's unforgettable during your living time.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 17:05:26 |Display all floors
The gaokao scenarios always came into my dream and I were preparing exam again and that made me puzzled. I asked myself "Did not I graduate from college? Why again here? "  

Another interesting plot is I usually tried to fix a geometric problem which you need to use the  "three perpendicular line theorems"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 21:36:36 |Display all floors
I was in GaoKao classroom twice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 09:12:11 |Display all floors
15...years! You must be really old now.         Mine was also a few years ago,and I remember I did very bad at the first course exam,which is Chinese. The last two topics were writing compositions,I didn't finish. And in the end,I got 89 marks for Chinese course only,while usually I got at least more than 100. Full mark was 150....   Maths 111,English 124,Geography /history/politics all failed,or 2 failed out of 3.
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 09:26:04 |Display all floors
Yes, at least no young any more. I got better marks during the gaokao than rehearsal.
Girls always don't perform well as they are too nervous. But here if you are gonna to join in the upcoming gaokao,
First and foremost, don't lose your mind , just do what you usually do and don't change too much of  your daily life.
Don't go to bed too early until you feel tired or sleepy.
Get the subjects and licenses prepared before sleeping.
Prepare one more pencil and other stuff in case.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 09:29:09 From mobile |Display all floors
Mine was last year,and my memory of it is so clear now.Last year I was the actor,but now I am the audience.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 12:54:34 |Display all floors
I failed to go to my ideal university. At first, I felt very upset. But now, I think whether the university is famous or not seems not much important if you try your best in your college life.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.