Author: dragon8

McDonald's murder in China sparks outrage   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-2 16:47:17 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-2 15:42
Of course, not! I believe the bad guys will exercise more restraint, not knowing from which direct ...

Please look at the figures from the US to see how many innocent people are killed with legal guns and then think again

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-6-2 17:06:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-6-2 19:10
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-2 18:47
Please look at the figures from the US to see how many innocent people are killed with legal guns  ...

you can look at all the figures and still THINK. The more the number shown killed, it only proves how many more lives could have been saved if more goodies carried guns and knew how to use them.In logical reasoning, just multiplying the instances does not change the reasoning... it only multiplies the number of times you apply the logic for one instance.

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 17:13:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-6-2 19:14
Please look at the figures from the US to see how many innocent people are killed with legal guns  ...

you should also consider the logic - it is not that all baddies will carry illegal guns. It is not the legal or illegal gun that is the problem, it is the baddies who are the problem - they will always try to have a more effective weapon than the average joe... A gun is a great equaliser in such situations where some unarmed souls are at the mercy of baddies and the goodies are unarmed too. Having that as a matter of law is the definition of an effectively enslaved society.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 17:16:43 |Display all floors

Looking at figures will only reinforce my logic - it will show how many more lives might be saved if the goodies carried guns and knew how to use them.

Just multiplying the number of instances does not change the logic - it only multiples the effectiveness of the logic as many times.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 17:21:26 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-2 16:47

1) I'm not in favor of any type of weapon.
2). You might be surprised to know that in the USA, backyard swimming pools claim mire lives than firearms.

This and other statistical curiosities can be found in "Freakonomics" by Dubner and Levitt

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 17:24:07 |Display all floors
chessgame Post time: 2014-6-2 10:57
did these people walk in to the MCD with iron bars?six people can't be contained by a crowd of ten c ...

Have you seen the images? They beat the poor woman so hard the nutter even broke the iron bar in one of the blows. Question for and a beg you answer honestly: in such situation, what would you do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 17:40:11 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-6-2 17:33
longzhou was saying there were six of them with iron bars. Six others with chairs could have taken ...

I want to clarify something: if we are talking about the Mc's incident in Shandong, it looks like there were indeed 6 people, 4 from the same family, including a 13 or 14 year old kid! The one who beat that woman was armed with a steal or iron bar. The others maybe not.

In another post I mentioned that I witnessed first hand a similar incident while in Guangdong involving 6-7 attackers with knives and bars; this happened right before our eyes!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.